How do you plan on eating right this Thanksgiving and Holiday season?

Options
Are you throwing out all rules this Turkey day I'm planning on it lol.

Replies

• ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Moderation for me!
  • MonicaThompson84
    Options
    Portion control, and choosing the foods I really really want instead of eating everything. I'm new at this so I hope I can do it!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I planned and iniput my feast months back. I won't waste calories on things like pie crust, or sweetened beverages, but will have a tiny piece of pumpkin pie. I will also eat pecan pie at the church bazaar where I can only eat one, and leave the rest of the pie there. No one eats it at my house and I would "have" to finish it. It IS a sin to waste food....
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I don't do much hand wringing in RE to special occasions, holidays, etc...nobody got fat because they over indulged on a holiday or special occasion...it's all those other pesky "normal" days that tend to cause issues for people.

Personally, I don't like the feeling of being overly stuffed...I'll eat a fair amount of food, but I don't eat until I feel like I'm going to pop anymore. Also on feast days, I tend to have a lighter breakfast and our holiday meals are usually mid afternoon, so no lunch but we will have appetizers out...usually cold smoked salmon, summer sausages, and a variety of cheeses and a cracker assortment.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I will try not to go overboard, but I will have at least a little of pretty much everything and log it as best I can. Then when I wake up from the turkey coma, I will get right back on plan :)
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I think I already got Thanksgiving out of my system thanks to the Whole Foods hot bar last week. But I'm not putting a lot of pressure on myself. I know I'll be right back on track the day after. The key is to not take any leftovers home. Also I'm bringing a huge bottle of water. My plate will be 30% protein 50% vegetables and 20% carbs.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Same as the last 2 years. Moderation, but if I go over, no biggie.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    No breakfast, light hors d'oeuvres throughout the day, huge feast in the evening! My dishes are just as tasty, but lighter than before. Can't wait!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    It's just a bit bigger meal than normal because I do have a portion of dessert, which is not part of my daily dinner. I go the route of putting everything on one plate and make certain the veggies take up half of it.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat my bodyweight in thanksgiving food and not care. One day isn't going to kill me, and picking myself up and getting back on track afterwards will be no problem at all. I'd rather enjoy one day, then spend any amount of time stressing over it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here.

But come Christmas, I hope to be in maintenance, and I will be taking a diet break for a few days then.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    as far as main foods goes, i don't plan on eating right this thanksgiving but, i doubt i will unknowingly nor knowingly over indulge too much. thankfully am not that much into eating pies and most other thanksgiving goodies so that helps!

christmas is another story, i over eat the MIL's homemade scalloped potatoes, crab dip/spread and the almond bark cereal candies every year and this year i will happily over enjoy them too.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Like a Viking!! :drinker:
  • BigMama24mfp
    BigMama24mfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put a huge portion of protein on my plate, mashed potatoes, veggies, and a couple dinner rolls. Later, I'll have a piece or two of pie. I'll log it but not worry about maintaining my deficit. Then I'll be back in the gym and back to my normal diet the next day. :)
  • susb
    susb Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That sounds like what I plan to do. I had success throughout the holiday season before, so it works. I'm going to eat more turkey and small servings of casserole and mashed potatoes. I will eat field peas. I am going to pass on rolls but eat some cranberry sauce. I will eat a piece of pecan pie. I am making half the amount of potatoes and casserole so that we won't be left with loads of leftovers. Here's the key, I am not going to eat the leftovers the next few days after, except for the turkey and field peas.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat at maintenance so I still have a goal to shoot for - but a much more realistic one.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    small breakfast, squeeze in a elliptical workout. Easy on the drinks but definitely will enjoy the meal, have some pie, treats. I'll go over but it will be worth it.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on a small piece of cherry pie AND apple pie. No alcohol. Turkey, gravy and small amount mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, veggies. Vanilla ice cream on the pie. No stuffing or breads. I'll go over by a whole bunch and log it happily.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm gaining but I don't have many calories per day for a bulk, so I'll probably shave off a few hundred here or there that week and then just have at it on Thanksgiving.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Since we're only making dinner for two people, there won't be much food. I'll eat what I plan on, and if I go over it's fine. The week of Christmas I won't even bother logging.