Looking for (age) 40 plus who have at least 60 pounds to lose

Options
Hello!

I have restarted, and have been feeling very isolated and depressed about changing my lifestyle and habits. I am looking to befriend anyone who is really struggling day to day. I know that the more people you have to support you, the easier this can be, if it could ever be described as easy.

My approach is truly "one day at a time". I can't look too far off into the future just yet, and am trying to get the control back into my life one step at a time.

I am very supportive and am looking for the same-please add me if you are need some more support and motivation!

Pep

Replies

• JACKIEHUNTINGTON
    Options
    Hello Pep. I'm 47 with 150lbs to loose. I'm here for you...we need to band together and help each other. One day at a time is the only way to do it. And I've learned that having someone that TRULY supports you is so necessary. We will laugh together and cry together-I think the key word is TOGETHER. As long as you don't mind me using your shoulder, mine is here for you.
    Jackie
  • Butterflygirl2017a
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tina. I'm 43 and need to lose about a 100 pounds.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You have the right idea but don't make it complicated. You are making the right choice! There are so many supportive members here that will encourage you with positive reinforcement daily!. Log every BLT(bite, lick and taste) that goes in your mouth and walk. The weight will come off. Even better if you can do a little more exercise. Variety and volume as far as food goes helps and keeping your protein level up! Good Luck!
  • bobeph
    bobeph Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello. 41 and need to lose at least 84lbs. Just went to the Dr. and my blood work is borderline diabetic. I need to make a lot of lifestyle changes.
  • mstammie02
    mstammie02 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello.. I'm 43 I want to lose 100lbs. I'm just tired of being tired. I want to lose weight before I start to have health issues.
  • tinker405
    tinker405 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Cheri I am 45 and need to lose 60 pounds it has been a long road with many bumbs but it is turely wroth it
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Matt, 43. Started at 263. Currently 229. 29 more to go!
  • tammi19731
    tammi19731 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tammi 42, I have 100 lbs I want to lose. You can add me.
  • bacs
    bacs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started out with 60 lbs to lose, down 17. Feel free to add me
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and have apx 60 lbs to lose. Add me please.
  • echejd
    echejd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Jackie ant I am 55 and need to lose 100 lbs. add me to your group. One day at a time little sister.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am mid-40's and have over 100lbs to lose. I've been logging for just under four months but still take it one day at a time; I don't think about the long term goal as it seems unattainable when I try to see forward that far! Little steps work best :smile:
  • kaseyshapeup2015
    Options
    Hi I am Kasey, 40 years old and am wanting to lose a total of 70 pounds. It would be great to have friends along with me on this journey.
  • perirn
    perirn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 46 and have 75lbs to lose.
  • mgsbella
    mgsbella Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tina. I'm 43 and need to lose about a 100 pounds.

Hi my name is Mirna.. i am 41 and i am also about 160 ponds to loose .. I dont even know where to start.. I was diagnose with Arthritis and am have other issue due to this weight.. Would like to meet friends to this journey which is a day at a time....
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm Jennie. I just turned 40. I started out with about 95 lbs to lose. Have about 40 left to go. Feel free to add me.
  • Sharoney123
    Sharoney123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am 40 and on my way to losing 100lbs or more. Please feel free to add ne as a friend ☺
  • Rock2007
    Rock2007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello there. I'm 46 and have 80lbs to lose. Was doing great and lost 40 then life happened. Back to the grind. Please feel free to add me.
  • nlowell519
    nlowell519 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello There,

I am 45 and started my journey back in January but just rejoined MFP last week. I have 100+ to lose also plus the 70lb I have lost. I am also struggling currently with life and the changes that are going on. Please feel free to add me to you friend list.