MFP Premium

Options
Hey all,

I've been wondering about signing up for a premium account. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it, and what their thoughts were; if it was worth it, and if so how? Any negative feedback? Looking forward to hearing back

Cheers,

James

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    What do you want from premium? Like what features appeal to you?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The only negative I can see is the cost. Some of the features like different goals per day and more precise macro controls may be of value to some of us.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    The reporting tools are a little more robust for premium membership too. For example, on the android app, in the nutrition section, choosing a macro or micro nutrient with Premium membership will display a list of all the foods you've logged (for the time frame you're inspecting) that have contributed to that macro/micro.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    The only negative I can see is the cost. Some of the features like different goals per day and more precise macro controls may be of value to some of us.

You can get more precise macro controls without paying for premium, the different goals per day is a different story
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

Yes, they are!!!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I like it because of being able to set up the account by grams and not percentages and some of the reporting is pretty cool.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    i wonder if you can set up iron goals by numbers and not percentages
    same with calcium
    not sure why MFP does these by percentages - not sure at all

Vitamin A, C, iron and calcium are all percentages under premium.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Is the database better on the premium side? I just started logging again. I used to love MFP but the database is horrific right now. I'm not talking about multiple entries for the same thing or incomplete/incorrect entries, that's always been around for as long as I've been here but the liquid measurements for solid food items and the glitch where it goes back to the default measurement and the crazy verified food entries (like 8000 calorie stick of butter, verified).
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    I like it because of being able to set up the account by grams and not percentages and some of the reporting is pretty cool.

I sincerely hope you get yours free

Fix the bugs in basic and I might consider it
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    same with calcium

Should offer a trail to market it... I would at least, around January would be ideal ...
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    same with calcium

Should offer a trail to market it... I would at least, around January would be ideal ...

Oh god ...January is coming

*derpshield*
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Is the database better on the premium side? I just started logging again. I used to love MFP but the database is horrific right now. I'm not talking about multiple entries for the same thing or incomplete/incorrect entries, that's always been around for as long as I've been here but the liquid measurements for solid food items and the glitch where it goes back to the default measurement and the crazy verified food entries (like 8000 calorie stick of butter, verified).

The database is still the same..

Premium gives you ad free, different dashboards (reports), planning by grams, availability to calorie cycle, etc..
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

There were discussions that it would sort verified entries differently, but I'm curious how effective the differences are. Like you've noticed, the "verified" means jack and many are just as bad if not worse than other entries.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

There were discussions that it would sort verified entries differently, but I'm curious how effective the differences are. Like you've noticed, the "verified" means jack and many are just as bad if not worse than other entries.

There are check marks next to MFP verified correct entries, but I thought everyone had that.
  • Sued0nim
    Options

There are check marks next to MFP verified correct entries, but I thought everyone had that.

Everyone does

But verified means nothing .

They should be removed

There are so many bad entries in the database that have the big tick ..it's misleading at best, damaging to people's possible success at worst
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

I thought they initially advertised a better database, but maybe I'm thinking about the complaints about what premium didn't offer. I'm still laughing at the "exclusive content", and there was a post complaining that one article was provided, it was a list of 10 recipes, and it can actually be accessed by anyone with an internet connection.

Awesome selling point...
  • psuLemon
    Options

I thought they initially advertised a better database, but maybe I'm thinking about the complaints about what premium didn't offer. I'm still laughing at the "exclusive content", and there was a post complaining that one article was provided, it was a list of 10 recipes, and it can actually be accessed by anyone with an internet connection.

Awesome selling point...

yea, I am not too sure of all of the bonuses. I generally scan the foods I have in the database and if I can't scan it, I self validate it. And I never actually read any of the blogs. And to be honest, I am not the best at knowing all of the features, ha.
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Same database
    Macros by grams
    Macros left for the day in the dashboard (not sure if this a premium feature or not)
    Macro cycling (buggy, sometimes doesn't save)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Everyone does

But verified means nothing .

They should be removed

There are so many bad entries in the database that have the big tick ..it's misleading at best, damaging to people's possible success at worst

But then they'd never reach their goal, stick around and continue to pay for premium, so what's the problem, again? ;)