IF YOU'RE USING A HRM

cobygrey
cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
HOW OFTEN DO YOU UPDATE YOUR WEIGHT CHANGE?

DO YOU UPDATE IT IF YOU GAIN WEIGHT? OR ONLY WHEN YOU LOSE?

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    I update mine when I lose or gain more than a couple of lbs
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    I am a bit slack to be honest, but I know it's important...

I try to remember to do it monthly (which I read somewhere...Zest I think!) but usually just do it when it beeps to 'test my Own Zone' and i update it at the same time.
  • I weigh myself 1x a week and adjust accordingly every week.
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Thank you! You just reminded me to update mine! I usually update if my weight changes more than a few pounds from where it was.
  • kkvz79
    kkvz79 Posts: 11 Member
    I update mine once a week on my weigh days, as well as update my MFP. I don't know that you'd need to update it more often as 1-2 lbs. won't have HUGE effect on your calories burned.. Though, missing it for 10 lbs. obviously would have more of an effect.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I update ever 5lbs or so, up or down.
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Ooop, i forgot to change mine and its been a while! thanks for reminding me!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I update mine every time I have an official weigh in day - Friday & Monday - and if I gain and it stays around for more than a week, because then I know it's not water weight.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    I think it'd be more accurate to update whenever you weigh-in. It doesn't take that long to do, and thank you for reminding me!! I've lost 2 pounds since my last weigh-in and haven't updated yet!!!!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Oh Lord, I read this all wrong.

Okay I update my hrm with weight gain and loss both. I like to have accurate burned calorie reading acccording to my weight and heart rate.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    OMG!!!!! I never even thought about updating mine!!! So, I've been using my HRM all this time for a 209lbs body?!?!?!?! Shoot....does anyone with a Polar 6 know how I can adjust it? And I will have to change my target heart rate?
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    OMG!!!!! I never even thought about updating mine!!! So, I've been using my HRM all this time for a 209lbs body?!?!?!?! Shoot....does anyone with a Polar 6 know how I can adjust it? And I will have to change my target heart rate?

LOL. I dont have my polar f6 with me but you go to settings and then user and from there is where you enter weight, age, etc.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member

LOL. I dont have my polar f6 with me but you go to settings and then user and from there is where you enter weight, age, etc.

I got it! Thanks so Much!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Just got mine today and plan on updating it every Sunday which is my weigh in day. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.