milestones

Options
I reached several milestones this week:

- Achieved my 2015 goal of playing 10 different sports (half of which had to be new). All together: curling, archery, bowling, badminton, 5k, slow pitch softball, rowing, sailing, rock climbing and volleyball. All great experiences!
- I actually weigh what my driver's license says. I think this may be a first.
- This means I've lost about 50lbs since my peak 2 years ago, over 30 of which have been in the past year.
- 1 year anniversary of joining the gym.
- 90 days of being in MFP.
- Went clothes shopping and it wasn't a horrible experience. It actually went well.

It's kind of amazing this all happened in one week. Feeling grateful and looking forward to the next adventures and working towards new milestones!

Replies

• Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I love your goal of playing a whole bunch of different sports - I like that. I might try experiment with a more modest version of that - participate in 10 different kinds of movement activity, rather than sport. I am just into different sorts of things, but they can still help to keep me fit - build a giant wall mosiac, combat larping, paint the house, etc. I am sure there are ten new things I can find. You have inspired me!
  • kisses71213
    kisses71213 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    While this isn't an extreme mile stone, I was greatly encouraged today when I stepped on the scale and saw a 14 lb weight loss (have 26 more to go)!!... People can say it's "not about numbers" all they want, but I will never say that -numbers are motivating!!
  • orange_hoodie
    orange_hoodie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Soopatt, that's a great idea! I like the idea of "movement activities" and I'd never heard of combat larping. New things to learn about and try!
  • orange_hoodie
    orange_hoodie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Kisses71213: congratulations! A great thing is that we get to pick our own milestones. I'm glad you're doing well and that the numbers are helping motivate you! I'm more activity than number oriented, but I've found numbers to be very affirming. Go team!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!