Failing miserably

Options
today marks my first week , I weighed myself last Tuesday then again Saturday and Lost an amazing 5lbs but all weekend I was naughty drinking and eating junk ! How do I stay on track I've lost all motivation

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Weigh once a week. Be prepared to go up a little some weeks. You can go to "Reports" here so see that you are going in an overall downward direction.
    It takes six weeks to really notice.
    So for now, take lots of pictures and measurements.
    Six weeks from now (Dec 30) you will weigh less and feel better.
    Here is a good guide for beginning:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • AngelMommy13
    AngelMommy13 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    We have a FB group for women that is for the purpose of motivating and detailing this journey on getting healthy. Feel free to join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1726924927536181/
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    xoGeeGeexo wrote: »
    today marks my first week , I weighed myself last Tuesday then again Saturday and Lost an amazing 5lbs but all weekend I was naughty drinking and eating junk ! How do I stay on track I've lost all motivation

It sounds like you were probably very restrictive all week then it caught up to you on the weekend.

• Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time! And have the same problem!
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    honestly if i was 22 again and needing to diet, i would probably stay motivated by eating 100 calories under my daily goal sunday-thursday and simply go out and enjoy my friday & saturday night worry free..

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Everyone on here has been where you are. I really want to have a glass or two of wine with my pasta dinner every night. On the weekends I like to go out. I love candy and chips and you name it unhealthy stuff. But. I decided that I was also tired of my weight being like a yo-yo, and having 3 sizes of pants in my closet. I was also tired of looking down and seeing rolls of fat and having my pants too tight. You can't have a healthy body and eat and drink all you want. It doesn't work that way. You get to choose which lifestyle is the one for you.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options

It sounds like you were probably very restrictive all week then it caught up to you on the weekend.

^^what she said.

It's only one weekend. It isn't failure it is a learning moment. So what did you learn?

Now put that knowledge to use so that your second week goes better.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    First, depending on your MFP weight loss settings you might have more of a deficit than you thought. If you hit your daily goals for 7 days in a row you end up with the following:

1lbs per week loss = 3,500 cal deficit/week
    1.5lbs/week = 5,250 cal deficit/week
    2lbs/week = 7,000 cal deficit/week

Having a little wiggle room once or twice a week just means your weight loss will be slightly slower. For example, I blew my daily goal by near 1500 cal the past 2 days. Not sweating it because if I meet my goals for the rest of the week I'm still close to a 3750 cal deficit for the week.

Second, take a look at what you're eating when you're meeting your calorie goals. Is it satisfying? Is your appetite being satiated by your meals? Are your eating habits enjoyable?

If the answer is no, then it's time to look at what you are eating. For me personally eating a lot of sugar doesn't satisfy me. I get hungrier quicker, and I tend to go over my calorie goal. Might be the same for you. Might be something else.

Finally, changing our lifestyles and eating habits are challenging. There are going to be road bumps and detours along the way, which isn't a bad thing. It's just a human thing. Get back on the lifestyle road you want and don't agonize over the detours.