Just starting back (again) today

Options
absinthia70
absinthia70 Posts: 56 Member
edited November 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So I knew I was gaining weight and really slacking on what I ate, not to mention the occasional total binge eating - but I had no idea I had gained THIS much. Last night I weighed myself for the first time in months and almost died! It was a choice between going to bed to cry or eat a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's. I went to bed. (I suppose that's the better choice food-wise anyways!) So today, I am starting over, Back on vitamins, counting EVERYTHING I eat, using that exercise bike in the basement that I keep making excuses to stay away from. Looking into a yoga studio once I get back home from Thanksgiving vacation. Hopefully I can get some of this off before our trip in December, but really I want to just feel better about myself, which I don't right now. If you want to be mutually supportive but not overly critical, I would love to be friends! Time to get this going again!

Replies

• bdorri00
    bdorri00 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience about a month ago. I started a new job last year and stopped paying attention to what I was eating because I had kept my weight off for almost 3 years and thought it would be ok--I gained almost 20 pounds in the past year and I just realized I didn't feel good about myself. I weighed in last month and was way too close to my starting weight from 4 years ago and that was not okay! I've never been skinny but I did get to where I felt pretty good about my body so I decided it was time to get back on track. I don't have as much time as I did before I started this job but I have to make my wellness a priority. Good luck in your weight loss endeavors--one day at a time!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    You have the right attitude! I have the same problem, trying to get back on track. I was doing so well for a few years and then I got sciatica and could not work out and my healthy eating went as well. My pain has passed and now I'm having the hardest time getting back on track. Taking it day by day! Most of us go through the ups and downs on our weight loss journey. Hang in there and you'll get back to where you want to be!