Are you having trouble losing weight? Let's talk.

Options
Tell me what your issues are as far as your weightloss. I am glad to help you. I have recently become a health and fitness coach and I wanna help. What can i do for you?

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    So you are currently a student without a real world certification in anything nutrition or fitness related? You are also seeking a degree in nutrition yet use Shakeology?

Got it.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, I like to help when I can, give tips, share recipes. I am not a couch, but I do know people who love beachbody and swear by it. I am not one of those people. It's hard on these threads people tend to get uptight and go on the attack, when it's something they do not agree with.

right? It's like what my father always said.... you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all lol.

It seems like you're having some trouble understanding why your post made people suspicious. We have lots of people trying to sell shakes and plans here and many of the threads are worded like yours are. It isn't that people aren't being "nice," it's that they are trying to protect an environment where accurate information about weight loss and fitness can thrive. This isn't anything personal.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I find it crazy how people lose some weight and then all of a sudden their health and fitness experts and can help everyone. I believe everyone is different because it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone else.
  • Shanel0916
    Options
    I find it crazy how people lose some weight and then all of a sudden their health and fitness experts and can help everyone. I believe everyone is different because it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone else.
  • Shanel0916
    Options
  • Shanel0916
    Options
  • khleatherman987
    khleatherman987 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    oolou wrote: »
    My issue is that I sometimes overeat even though I'm not particularly hungry, which slows down my overall progress. I'm working on a few strategies for this so it's getting better, but would be interested in hearing your advice.

of course!!! I would love to help you! I had this very same problem!!! first of all, drinking water. How many ounces are you getting a day? I get at least 100 and it helps my hunger issues. Also, if you reach for a snack, crunchy snacks like an apple or carrots tend to be more satisfying for me personally and help me not to pick unhealthy things while under stress. Eating foods with plenty of fiber and protein also help you stay full. For me, when I get the urge to eat when I am bored, I just literally steer clear of the kitchen altogether or if I can't do that, I grab a glass of water or green tea instead.