OMG heart rate monitor apps.....stressing me out - what do you use?

Options
Got a heart rate monitor about a month ago and have been playing with what seems like a ton of different apps.

I know there are a million different varieties of threads on this, but not finding consistency in the readings for my workouts. Endomondo gives me a 350 cal burn while Runkeeper awards me 600 calories and MapMyFitness consistently gives me around 1000-1100 every time. It is frustrating because I find I am really motivated by this gadget right now, but want a somewhat ballpark accurate reading. Many of the threads I've read say MapMyFitness is pretty accurate for them....while I like the interface the best on it, I'm thinking the readout is too high. Runkeeper seems pretty ballpark correct for my weight and exertion, but I hate the interface lol.

Maybe I should just adjust the calories manually after my workout and shave off 300 or so? Or do you use some kind of calculation online that I could double check with?

I'm thinking too it could be the heart rate monitor - it is from Orangetheory.

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper was generally pretty accurate for me and adding a heart rate monitor didn't make a big difference. If you enter your weight, age, and sex correctly it gives you a fairly accurate calorie assessment.

This might sound like a silly question but what exercise are you doing that has such a large variance of readings?