Needing more hours in the day!

Options
Firstly, I have logged into MFP for a while. I use to track religiously but as of late, I don't even try. I don't want to say that I have become unmotivated but I have lost of my drive. I am mentally and emotionally drained. My typical day has me out of the house by 6:30am and home at about 9pm (work all day, school all evening) and most weekends are usually filled with scout activities (scout leader here) and that doesn't even include my own homework, housework, family time. When I finally have some free time, I don't want to do anything but relax. I currently average about 3.5 hours of sleep a night. I have been able to lose around 90 pounds thus far but have been plateaued for a while. I suppose I am on here really to ask how one can incorporate more activity or even a workout into such a busy schedule.

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Wow, your life is very hectic right now and it doesn't seem like 3.5 hours of sleep a night is healthy. You don't want to burn out and backslide in any of your activities in life, but your schedule doesn't seem sustainable. You need some you time, whether it be exercising or sleep. I'd just try to walk a lot and maintain the weight you've lost. Big big congratulations there!! I'd try to free up some time, and wonder if volunteering your time to the Scouts right now is something you should continue. Unless your kids are in it, you'll have lots of time to do volunteer work when you're done with school.