Unable to sleep...

Options
I play hockey on Sunday nights, times range between 8pm - 11pm. Lately our late games after I come home I can't sleep. Literally I'm getting 1-2 hours worth of unrested sleep before I have to wake up at 7am.

Changing the times I play hockey isn't a possibility obviously and I'm not going to stop, so does anyone have any suggestions?

It's a 1hr drive to the rink, so typically with our late games, I zone out on the road for an hour on my way home and I still can't sleep and the next thing I know it's 6am. Ugh, what a nightmare. Now it's obviously impacting my work since I'm either calling in sick to get extra sleep time or a complete zombie, so I'm very open to suggestions....

Replies

• starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Not sure how you feel about supplements, but have you tried melatonin? I can use that without feeling sluggish the next day.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Not sure how you feel about supplements, but have you tried melatonin? I can use that without feeling sluggish the next day.

I agree it works good, jut one.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    When people take hot showers late at night, their body temperature rises and can interfere with sleep. Do you shower at the game site or when you get home? Try taking cool showers.