Need to lose the last 10 lbs

Options
I have been stuck at 133-134 lbs and it won't change. Probably because I stopped working out and been eating a lot of junk food. I've been stuck for the past 2 months. I was able to reach 129 lbs last august but gained a few pounds back because I went back to my old eating habits and eating about 1800-2000 calories per day with lack of exercise. The only exercise I have been doing is hiking for 1 hour 2-3 times per week. I used to lift 6 days a week but stopped. I've lost motivation. I finally lifted today. If I go back to my old workout routine with lifting plus hiking, will I be able to lose the 5 lb weight gain? I was so close to my goal weight of 125 lbs before. What changes should I make? What are some ideas for a light dinner? I feel like if I have a light dinner the weight loss will happen. Thanks.

Replies

• frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of losing the last 6 lbs. I started on MFP with only 12 vanity lbs to lose.
    Mistakes I made: when I first came on this site I had already lost about 10 lbs but literally was stalled and kept bouncing around and gaining and losing the same 3 lbs. The first 3 weeks on MFP was much of the same until a smart lady on these boards told me I had my profile goals set too high- I had myself set at 1 lb a week loss and I wasn't eating back any of my exercise calories burned. She told me to set my weight loss goal at 1/2 lb per week and to eat back between 50-75% of my calories burned. I was skeptical because it meant going from 1200 calories a day to about 1600 calories a day, but I did it and it's working. I've lost an average of 2 lbs per month, which sounds lame but when you are not overweight starting out its going to come off slower, but it WILL come off. By the way, you do not have to exercise to lose weight. If you set your weight loss goal for 1/2 lb a week and keep your calories at or very close to MFP recommendation you will lose weight. But please consider some daily exercise for several reasons. One is it gives you a little more calories to play with so you feel less deprived. It also will help firm up your body so that when you do reach your goal weight you will be happier with what you see in the mirror. And it also releases "feel good" hormones in your body.
    As far as what and when to eat: I am a big believer in everything in moderation. The fact that you are not majorly overweight probably means that you are not polishing off large pizzas by yourself. Try and "tweek" your normal diet by becoming more aware of where your calories are coming from. Make healthy veggies 1/2 your plate. You will hear protein protein on this site but don't get crazy over that, just make sure you eat a protein source several times a day. You do not have to give up any foods unless you have trigger foods that send you on binges , then stay away from them. I don't go down the chip isle because I will eat vinegar chips until my lips are literally burned for days...not kidding. I truly believe if you just try and tweek your diet, you are more likely to be able to sustain it long term than if you try and turn your diet and life upside down. Drink lots of water, sometimes when you think you are hungry, you are really thirsty. Relax and GIVE IT TIME.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I left out a very important point. With so little weight to lose, your margin of error is tiny . You must weigh everything and log religiously.
  • emily7kg
    emily7kg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose my last 5kg too. Hi from Australia! I'm a distance runner so eating fewer carbs is making my training suffer but long term, losing weight willmake me faster and more agile.I feel the same frustration, up a kilo, down a kilo, up 2 down 1.
    The only things I'm doing differently this time around is incorporating hill sprinting and weight lifting workouts each week.Who knows if it will work, time will tell. All the best
    Em