Scale recommendations!?!?!

Options
I am about to smash mine with a hammer!!! It is a digital, I try to keep it in the same spot but my husband is constantly moving it. I'm not sure if all the pushing it around with his foot has made it not work right, but I can't get a solid reading. I step on it and it gives me one weight, then I step on it 3 more times and I get 3 more different readings!!! So, I'm in the market for a new one and would like some recommendations!! Thanks!!

Replies

• MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    my hubby is the same way, drives me nuts sometimes!
    anyhows, when my digital scale does what yours is doing, its time to change the battery and it works fine again for a few months afterwards.

• MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    my hubby is the same way, drives me nuts sometimes!
    anyhows, when my digital scale does what yours is doing, its time to change the battery and it works fine again for a few months afterwards.

duh i forgot to tell you what scale we have! we have the black conair th302 thinner scale, have had it for quite a few years and it still as accurate (i use weighs to test its accuracy every few months) and would recommend it IF theybstill make it..it does not do the body fat and syncing stuff that lots of scales do nowadays though.

• sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Health-o-meter digital. Mines acurate every time.
  • yoplait311
    yoplait311 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a scale called the Zero Scale and I love love love it (give it a Google). It uses your starting weight as a tare weight then only shows what you lose or gain, rather than your weight in pounds (although you can select an option to see lbs too). It's brilliant. I love seeing that I've lost .5 lbs rather than 150 lbs. It keeps me
    Focused on my goal and it looks beautiful to boot.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Wanting to smash my scale with a hammer is quite a regular occurrence for me ;)

I'd say buy a mid-range. Don't go for ultra, ultra cheap but there's no need to spend an enormous amount. I use the Weight Watchers electronic which cost me around £30. Also - keep your scale in the same position and try to resist the 'stepping off and on'. :)
  • SavannahCSS
    SavannahCSS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I use crane connect it is very good measures your body fat muscle and water And it connect via Bluetooth to your phone so you can see the progress X
  • melsetsy
    melsetsy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Getting a new one may not help, since the problem will continue occuring.
    1. is your bathroom floor tile?
    an uneven floor can wreak havoc on a scale
    2 is your floor carpeting?
    tips: put your scale on an old extra large cutting board without grooves
    put your scale far enough from a wall so your husband does not have to move it - this is a must.
    put a new battery in your scale - strange things happen when battery starts dying

Yes, my floor is tile, but it's pretty flat. I don't keep it in the bathroom because I was told steam isn't good for digital scales...I'm thinking of moving it into my basement gym since it's concrete and perfectly level. I have already replaced the battery and it's still doing it. Thanks for all the tips!!!! :)
  • Jayz395
    Jayz395 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Mine alters weight I've found, sooooo annoying. It does get moved somethings so gonna find a spot where it can stay and try again, mine a digital weight watchers one