recipe and food log entries going crazy

Options
kathyklk
kathyklk Posts: 4 Member
I have manually entered a number of recipes into MFP, most of them a while ago. Just recently both when creating recipes and when just entering food into my diary, I'm getting things like 9000-calorie cupcakes. When I choose to enter a new food in my log, if I choose (for instance) to enter 50 grams of banana and the first entry is a whole banana, my log suddenly has 50 bananas! I then have to edit it from my diary site and re-choose the gram selection for it to "take".

In my cupcake recipe, though, I couldn't even do that. I can't figure out how to get the numbers to come out correct.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Replies

• sarab260
    sarab260 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me too. Scroll down to look at the individual items, and you'll probably find a bunch of normal ones and one that stands out — for instance the other day I found that bananas for some reason were listed as like 5 million calories in the selection they had chosen. It might have been something about the wording in the recipe, or something like that.

Once you correct that element and check that all the other ones are accurate, it should come out to a more reasonable number! :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's been going on for a few days for me too. Drives me nuts!
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    me too, for the past few days only! so strange.
  • Francl27
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I actually realized thanks to this thread that one of my recipe's entries was giving me twice the calories it should have. I had to go back and log it from my recipes, instead of the recent entries, for it to be accurate...

I don't really know if there's any 'contact' or 'help' section that people in charge actually read though... so let's just say I'm glad I'm not paying for the app!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I think sometimes the ingredients revert to the default amounts in the database. E.g. I want - and input - 1 tblpsn flour, but 1 cup (the default in the db) is how it shows up once it's saved.
  • Francl27
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    I think sometimes the ingredients revert to the default amounts in the database. E.g. I want - and input - 1 tblpsn flour, but 1 cup (the default in the db) is how it shows up once it's saved.

Every time now...
  • kathyklk
    kathyklk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    sarab260 wrote: »
    This has happened to me too. Scroll down to look at the individual items, and you'll probably find a bunch of normal ones and one that stands out — for instance the other day I found that bananas for some reason were listed as like 5 million calories in the selection they had chosen. It might have been something about the wording in the recipe, or something like that.

Once you correct that element and check that all the other ones are accurate, it should come out to a more reasonable number! :smile:

Yes, that's exactly what happened - I just went back and looked, and it was of all things 1 cup of honey that was coming up with such high calories. Thanks for that suggestion!

That still doesn't do anything for the thing reverting to the default amounts ... but now I've learned to just enter the food first, and then edit from the diary screen. Saves time. :)
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Been having the same problems. Plus adding food is really slow and often fails and I have to reload the site and try again. A meal I chose to remember never showed up in the Meals list today. And building a recipe has become really cumbersome. I don't mind the delays too much but don't always have time to sit around and fiddle with this.
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    I have been going through the same thing, I thought it was just me.Glad to know i am not the only one. It is a real pain to have to enter everything twice. I hope they fix the problem