workout music?

Anyone know of some really good weight lifting songs? In need of a new playlist! Thanks!

Replies

• sej49
    sej49 Posts: 1 Member
    Hail the villain is a good rock band to listen to!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Anyone know of some really good weight lifting songs?

You mean good as in universally good for everyone? No. What songs do you currently lift to?
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Depends on what you like. For lifting, my playlist is mostly five finger death punch, volbeat, ACDC, etc.
  • FredKing1
    FredKing1 Posts: 98 Member
    Pandora (free is good) in the Genre list has a "Workout" category with seventeen subcategories. I spin to "Cycling", I've never used "Dubstep Strength Training" or "Hard Rock Strength Training." That might be worth a listen, if you have wifi where you lift.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    edited November 2015
    Thrash/Speed metal is great for lifting.

Edit: Lindsey Stirling too. Probably my favorite workout music.
  • If your not listening to metal when working out, you are harming your gains. I'm not making this up.

When in doubt, head bang it out.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    If your not listening to metal when working out, you are harming your gains. I'm not making this up.

Wish there was a like button.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    If your not listening to metal when working out, you are harming your gains. I'm not making this up.

Yup, agree 100%. I call it motivational metal.
  • X_Sooner
    X_Sooner Posts: 366 Member
    Til I collapse - EMINEM, Click Click BOOM - Saliva
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member

I need to convince my coach of this. The country love songs playlist is getting old to bench to.
  • SabrinaMyers94
    SabrinaMyers94 Posts: 12 Member

I agree! Songs that are a bit aggressive sounding is what I like.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

I need to convince my coach of this. The country love songs playlist is getting old to bench to.

I would think that a song about your husband leaving you for his cousin and taking the dog would likely cause some good rage. [/sarcasm]

I have always found a good anger session to be very therapeutic, as well as some of the best for pushing myself.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited November 2015

Dana, just show your coach my post, because science.

I agree! Songs that are a bit aggressive sounding is what I like.

I always said it looked good on you.
  • Becky03026847
    Becky03026847 Posts: 34 Member
    I don't do any lifting yet but when I'm walking or doing the eliptical, I LOVE to listen to 80's rock boy bands, Led Zepplin, ZZ TOP, KISS, Poison, Bon Jovi...you get the idea.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Oh, and I'll add Gwar, b/c I don't think I saw it on either list.
  • lisalsd1 wrote: »
    Oh, and I'll add Gwar, b/c I don't think I saw it on either list.
    Hell-O!
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    edited November 2015
    I don't do any lifting yet but when I'm walking or doing the eliptical, I LOVE to listen to 80's rock boy bands, Led Zepplin, ZZ TOP, KISS, Poison, Bon Jovi...you get the idea.
    ♪ Every girl's crazy for a squat a55 man! ♫
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member

Yes yes!