Loss alot, gain a little , plateau, then lose alot

I was discouraged today. My weight can vary dramatically over the course of we week. It takes about a week for the good week to really show on the scale. Overall, I am down about 10 lbs. I found out I have diabetes and HAVE to get this weight off. I have dramatically changed my diet and increased my movement. One bad day can change my weight by about 7 to 10 lbs. I can have about a 10lbs various. My chart looks like a heart monitor readout. It is frustrating. Today I binged after about 2 months. I was hoping to see greater results. I know good, healthy stuff is happening in my body. I just wish the number would reflect that more. But, I will keep moving forward in hopes that my weight will reflect my new way of life.

Replies

• sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited November 2015
    Patience. Don't binge. Its counter productive. Buy a food scale weight everything you consume.
    Weigh yourself once a day. In the morning. Weight fluctuations are normal. Keep logging stay within your caloric goal. Once again patience!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Some people weigh once a day but only record once a week.
    Find a system that works better for you than the scale watching you are doing now.

Have you increased your activity? Walking might be good.
    Exercise can help us feel more connected to our bodies. :)
  • Hey @jammers1976

Thanks for posting.

I lost 45 pounds in 3 months and kept it off for about 2 years now.

Tell me, do you like calorie counting methods or eat as much as you want (but restrict certain food groups)?

Alfie