Ladies (and gentlemen). Beauty routines?

Options
aquarabbit
aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
Has yours changed with weight loss?

I only joined the site a few days ago, but I've been on a weight loss journey for about 2 months and have lost about 12 pounds. Now my routine had always been pretty extensive (I blame years of working at Sephora). But with my weight loss, I've started making all my own products and adding a few extra steps (such as a weekly body wrap and decollete cream). Every week I do a spa day as a reward for myself if I've worked out for 6 days in a row. What about all of you? Has there been changes in your routines? Less? More? Same?

Replies

• xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    My new beauty routine with weight loss is to keep it even more simple and natural. Coconut oil :wink:
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    um... beauty routine... I have never had one. Not a real one. I take a shower daily, shave my legs and armpits and wash my hair. Dry off, put lotion on everywhere and straighten my bangs... (only sometimes as time allows) Make-up...can you count sunscreen as make-up?
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Since I started working out I have lost what was once a huge interest in makeup, perfume etc... Working out costs so much less, more rewarding and is just better. I still wear makeup, just not as often. I love Sephora : )
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Nope, mine hasn't changed a bit. Still putting the same brown paper bag over my head. It's the only thing that helps. Anyone who looks at me. :laugh:
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Can't really afford spa trips, but I find that I am more daring with my makeup. I like to try crazy colors with my eyes. I didn't used to like to draw that much attention to myself.
  • CharlotteTheCoffeeLover
    CharlotteTheCoffeeLover Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I actually wear makeup now, where as before I rarely did... I also exfoliate and moisturize now lol..... And shave my legs lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Nope, nothing's changed at all in this area. I still wear basically the same full-on makeup I have since I was nine years old (yeah seriously) and have the same skincare and hair routine as I have since my middle 20's (I am 36 now). I'm happy with it so have not changed...

I do take more care now with body exfoliating, moisturizing, and hair removal than I did in years past but that's something I attribute to having a new-ish relationship and sexy fiance ;-)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    um... beauty routine... I have never had one. Not a real one. I take a shower daily, shave my legs and armpits and wash my hair. Dry off, put lotion on everywhere and straighten my bangs... (only sometimes as time allows) Make-up...can you count sunscreen as make-up?

Yes... this is my routine, too. (other than the bangs, which I do not have).
    I did the same things when I was 65 lbs. heavier.
    I've always been a low-key, natural kind of girl.