What's with all the cupcakes?

AlongCame_Molly
AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
Has anyone else noticed there are a slew of usernames with the word "cupcake" in them? Why? I've had 3 friends with "cupcake" somewhere in their name, and seen dozens more in the forums.

Yeah I get it, cupcakes are delicious, but no more so than bacon, or ice cream, or cheese, and I haven't seen a comparable number of names paying homage to them. What's the obsession with the cupcakes?

People who have chosen to put it in their names, explain yourselves. Do you think it's cute, or sexy? Are you obsessed with two-bite sized portions of cake, decoratively iced? Were you just hungry when creating your MFP account? What made you choose this measly morsel of bakery over any number of equally delicious comestible?

Replies

• QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    No, I haven't noticed. Maybe cupcakes are just attracted to you.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Cupcakes are awesome!! It's a whole little cake, that you can just eat the whole thing!! And it is a more appealing name than bacon or cheese (sorry to all the bacons and cheeses out there).
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    cause ricekrispeetreats is too long to spell and often spelled incorrectly (as I have done)
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    xxghostcupcake.

I could make it work.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Bacon cheese cupcakes...mmm.
  • I kind of prefer Oreos, you can take them apart and lick out the creamy insides. :happy:
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    They're mistaken.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Has anyone else noticed there are a slew of usernames with the word "cupcake" in them? Why? I've had 3 friends with "cupcake" somewhere in their name, and seen dozens more in the forums.

Yeah I get it, cupcakes are delicious, but no more so than bacon, or ice cream, or cheese, and I haven't seen a comparable number of names paying homage to them. What's the obsession with the cupcakes?

People who have chosen to put it in their names, explain yourselves. Do you think it's cute, or sexy? Are you obsessed with two-bite sized portions of cake, decoratively iced? Were you just hungry when creating your MFP account? What made you choose this measly morsel of bakery over any number of equally delicious comestible?

ummm... i've also seen lots of usernames with the letter "a" in them.

would YOU care to explain yourself?!

Corbis-42-32403033.jpg?size=67&uid=e51ba00b-ca0f-4531-b1c8-a3ac75fe376a
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    You just made me want a maple bacon cupcake... mmmm... with a maple cream cheese icing... mmmmmmmmm... Might have to do some baking and then creepily watch my friends eat them so I can live vicariously through them.
  • hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    In my next MFP life I'm going to be ABaconCheeseBurger
  • how come Molly's only exist on the internet
    you never meet a Molly in real life
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    how come Molly's only exist on the internet
    I have a friend in real life named Molly.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    I have a friend in real life named Molly.

I was a caretaker for a Molly once, about an eon ago. Really sweet girl.

And now I want a cupcake. And some bacon. With a nice sharp cheddar...
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    I kind of prefer Oreos, you can take them apart and lick out the creamy insides. :happy:
    :love:
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    I kind of prefer Oreos, you can take them apart and lick out the creamy insides. :happy:

On behalf of Oreos everywhere, I say "Yes, please!"
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    xxghostcupcake.

I could make it work.

I can be SoDamnCupcake
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    CallMeCupcakeDammit is the only one that matters. The rest are just pretenders to the cupcake throne.
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 347 Member
    Cupcakes are "on trend" right now. Cupcake bakeries, cupcakes on shirts, jewelry, everything!
    To be quite honest, I am obsessed with them. I love them more than any other dessert. I named my kitten cupcake! I have a little collection of cute cupcake things and I will be getting a cupcake tattoo in about 6ish months (After my next one, yay!)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member

Are you saying I'm not real?

YOU'RE not real!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    CallMeCupcakeDammit is the only one that matters. The rest are just pretenders to the cupcake throne.

Oh my gosh, Dope! You do love me!!! :bigsmile: I had just remembered seeing this in my newsfeed a few days ago, so I wanted to see what it was about...and now I'm all like...awwwwww! :flowerforyou:

I just want someone to call me Cupcake, dammit! I didn't realize how many "cupcakes" there were until after I changed my name last year. It's craziness, I tell you! Also, I had an aunt named Molly, and my first dog I adopted was Molly. She was the best. :heart:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member

Oh my gosh, Dope! You do love me!!! :bigsmile: I had just remembered seeing this in my newsfeed a few days ago, so I wanted to see what it was about...and now I'm all like...awwwwww! :flowerforyou:

I just want someone to call me Cupcake, dammit! I didn't realize how many "cupcakes" there were until after I changed my name last year. It's craziness, I tell you! Also, I had an aunt named Molly, and my first dog I adopted was Molly. She was the best. :heart:

:heart:
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 509 Member

On behalf of Oreos everywhere, I say "Yes, please!"

I hate Oreos because they make my teeth feel bad. (I know, crazy)

Love cupcakes though.

RowanwoodCupcake, nah, not tasty.
  • _G4BR13L_
    _G4BR13L_ Posts: 131 Member
    In my next MFP life I'm going to be ABaconCheeseBurger

DITTO
  • HuneeBunee08
    HuneeBunee08 Posts: 168
    i prefer honey buns!!
  • berrymuffins89
    berrymuffins89 Posts: 17 Member
    My username is somewhat like a cupcake. It is just a username I've used for a while which I basically stole from another muffin. I actually hardly eat muffins even when I didn't count calories.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member

Are you saying I'm not real?

YOU'RE not real!
    You all aren't real;. I know you are all just some randomly generated algorithms placed in this box for my entertainment.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    I'll explain mine:; WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    In the Les Mills Combat class I take at the gym the instructor will tell us to "Suck it up Cupcakes!" and we're her warriors, since our gym is small and just starting out there is a group of us that are called the tribe, so jokingly, in asking a question to someone on my FL I said "Warrior Cupcake of the Back Left Corner of the Truly Fit Tribe under the leadership of Warrior Diva Shawn..." I told her about it and at the gym, I've been Warrior Cupcake of the Back Left Corner (I'm always in the back left corner of the group fitness room so I can get out of the room without getting in anybody's way if I have to respond to my pager when I'm on call for work) ever since.
    Well, I needed a name for here that would inspire me a little bit more and Warrior Cupcake of the Back Left Corner is a little too long so I shortened it down to the two parts of my life that I needed to be expressed so WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr was born (blydnsr is for bellydancer since I bellydance too)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    I'll explain mine:; WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    In the Les Mills Combat class I take at the gym the instructor will tell us to "Suck it up Cupcakes!" and we're her warriors, since our gym is small and just starting out there is a group of us that are called the tribe, so jokingly, in asking a question to someone on my FL I said "Warrior Cupcake of the Back Left Corner of the Truly Fit Tribe under the leadership of Warrior Diva Shawn..." I told her about it and at the gym, I've been Warrior Cupcake of the Back Left Corner (I'm always in the back left corner of the group fitness room so I can get out of the room without getting in anybody's way if I have to respond to my pager when I'm on call for work) ever since.
    Well, I needed a name for here that would inspire me a little bit more and Warrior Cupcake of the Back Left Corner is a little too long so I shortened it down to the two parts of my life that I needed to be expressed so WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr was born (blydnsr is for bellydancer since I bellydance too)

I'm so glad you explained that, because every time I see your name, I keep trying to figure out what the heck Blydnsr means! I had a friend who called me Cupcake before I even knew cupcakes were a "thing", and I always liked that. Earlier last year some of my friends were changing their usernames, and we'd had a conversation about cupcakes around that time. I said "I just want someone to call me Cupcake, damn it!" Then I thought I'd make that my username. It was unanimous, everyone liked the name, and so it came to be. :smile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Thanks for this Question Molly, I've been wondering the same thing. I thought it was some secret urban dictionary sexual thing. Like some new act or word for a currently existing sex act.

Mostly I thought this because any cupcakes I've had on my FL have been such great fun. Just like IRL cupcakes, online MFP "cupcakes" are awesome, fun, and kinda sinful and yum!

BTW Molly is completely and totally real, and so was Molly Ringwald if you recall. Molly's and cupcakes forever!
  • Has anyone else noticed there are a slew of usernames with the word "cupcake" in them? Why? I've had 3 friends with "cupcake" somewhere in their name, and seen dozens more in the forums.

ummm... i've also seen lots of usernames with the letter "a" in them.

would YOU care to explain yourself?!

Corbis-42-32403033.jpg?size=67&uid=e51ba00b-ca0f-4531-b1c8-a3ac75fe376a

tumblr_lmleirkje31qiee4r.gif