You Are Your Own Gym Confusion

Options
I bought the app on my iPod, not the book, and I'm confused because the reps say 36 (I'm on day 1) for 7.5 minutes. I just let it run through briefly and then selected the "reps complete" button and then it said to do two reps which would be 74. And then it goes up from there with each "reps completed" selected. How am I supposed to be doing this? I'm terrible at push ups. I can change the number of reps, but I'm confused on how to break it up into sets. I'm probably explaining this terribly so anyone who has used the app and can explain I'd appreciate it!

Replies

• halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I downloaded this app a long time ago and never did actually use it. I saw your question and fired the app up, and i was also confused about how to work it. I did a little googling, and came up with this page that seems to explain how to do it.

http://wilddaughter.wordpress.com/2012/08/17/bodyweight-training/

So, Here is the gist of it ( I think). Hit menu, Start working out button. I am guessing you picked the 10 week guided program, Hit that button.
    Now you are at Todays workout, week1, day 1, pull and push ladders. Hit the red go to workout button, which starts you out with pushups. It is preset to a 36 minute workout, using 4 ladders, each 7.5 minutes long. . Edit this if you want to change it if you like. Hit the red start workout button.

So this is where it got confusing for me. He wants you to do Ladders of workouts. I was what is that? I thought YOU were your own gym, I don't even hava a Ladder! So, hit the start workout button. . Get into pushup postion. The ipad counts down and tells you to do one rep. Do one pushup. HIt the completed Rep button. The ipad tells you to Rest. The ipad will tell you to do 2 reps. Now do 2 pushups. Hit the completed rep button. Rest. The ipad tells you to do 3 pushups. Hit the rep button. Rest. Ipad says 4. Hit button. Rest. Ipad says:3. etc back to 1, then back to 4, until the 7.5 minutes are up.

. Then you start the next exercise. OR, go take an ibuprofen because your arms are very, very sore.
    I am exhausted just thinking about it lol.

Mke