What is the BEST brand of coffee?

Options
goshnames
goshnames Posts: 359 Member
Alright. I know there are some of you out there that are fueled by coffee (and healthy eating...but mostly coffee).

I'm running low on my current bag, and I want to try something new. I'm on the hunt for the type of coffee that makes your morning absolutely magical.

What is your favourite brand of coffee?!

Replies

• PilatesConvert
    PilatesConvert Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I buy beans from local coffee shops that are roasted locally...then again, I live in Seattle.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you live. But in general whole foods has some good brands, albeit not inexpensive. I like Bob Marley coffee. And there are some other organic ones I like too. I rotate.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    White Castle, hands down. Although I always drank Folgers because it was cheaper. When I had a Keurig, I drank Gloria Jean's, the Doughnut Shop, or Green Mountain Coffee.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Gevalia.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Gevalia.
    I want to try it, but the commercials annoy me.
  • csand11
    csand11 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Whole bean I like Kicking Horse (especially kick *kitten* or grizzly claw) or Cherry Hill. For cheaper, grocery store brand I like Superstore's West Coast Dark. Can you tell I like a dark roast, and black to boot☕
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I buy beans from local coffee shops that are roasted locally...then again, I live in Seattle.

Hey! Me too...local and Seattle :)
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Gevalia.
    I want to try it, but the commercials annoy me.
    They really are, with that horrible fake accent. The coffee is good though.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Alright, if you really want my opinion of the best, this is it. http://www.urthcaffe.com/sh4.html. Rivals coffee in Italy. Make it regular or espresso drink style. But if you live by a location, have it there. It's even better.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    On the expensive side: http://www.terroircoffee.com/

Less expensive: http://www.deansbeans.com/
  • Barbsunshine
    Barbsunshine Posts: 398
    Options
    This is the very best I've ever had. They're local to WV but ship fresh roasted beans anywhere!

http://www.blackdogcoffee.net/
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Buy from your local roasters, if possible. I buy whole beans and grind daily for my fix. :)
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I think this might be akin to a religious debate for some of us. :P

My very favorite used to be Diedrich's ... pretty much anything from them. But they were bought out and shut down by Starbucks. *feh* They had this Tiger roast to die for.

BUT, I'm partial to the Kenyan Single Peaberry that my friends send me from Trader Joe's. If you have a TJ's, definitely check this one out.

Lately, I've been buying the organic free trade Guatamalen from Sprouts, and it's really good too. I just swear by whole bean coffee, whatever you do - grind it yourself.
  • wwhite72082
    wwhite72082 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is the very best I've ever had. They're local to WV but ship fresh roasted beans anywhere!

http://www.blackdogcoffee.net/

Its been a while since I've ordered from Black Dog. The coffee is great, I particularly enjoy the Ethiopian Harrar and Guatemala Huehuetenango.

On a side note, I can't choke down coffee with cream and sugar. If I can't have it black, I don't drink it.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Gevalia (now sold at Walmart); I still order it online but between shipments I can pick some up at Walmart

I also love Godiva (yummy)
  • goshnames
    goshnames Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Haha, the Gevalia book club commercial actually made me laugh. I might try it out simply FOR the advertising. I'm a sucker.

I actually didn't even think of getting different beans shipped to me. That could be a fun and exciting new hobby. I might send Black Dog an email to see about their shipping options to Canada.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    thegoodjava.com

love it
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I've been quite partial to this year's Starbucks Tribute. I grind the beans right before brewing them, I think that helps a lot.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Peet's brand coffee. They have one called "Major ****ason's Blend" that's a nice medium roast that pleases both my husband and myself.