having difficult eating low fat

Options
I'm doing great or comfortable with my 1200 calorie intake but I notice I'm struggling with finding low fat foods my fat intake is always over than what suggested left diary open for suggestions

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Is there a specific medical reason you're looking to go low fat? How much over are you going?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a medical reason to be low fat you can eat higher fats. The original macro setting on here doesn't work for many people. You should be hitting your goal comfortably, not trying to force your macros into a specific setting.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Depending on your goals, medical history, and genetics, you might not really need to worry that much about low fat. I personally find I need to make sure I'm eating mostly unsaturated fats (but that's just me). Me, if I go over the total grams of fat (but stay under my calorie goals) I don't really worry about it. My protein and fat goals are more like minimum goals.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Low fat is just one of many ways of eating to create a calorie deficit. If you find it's not working for you, try another one (absent any sort of medical reason you NEED to eat low fat of course)
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Fat helps you feel full and stay full longer. Eating fat within your calorie range is good. Especially "good" fats, but I love me some cheese every day.