Seeking friends who are trying to maintain..

Options
Hi all. I have lost a total of close to 70 pounds over the past several years. I'm at a point now where I'm just trying not to gain. I've been trying to maintain since about August and it is definitely the hardest part of the whole journey. I mean, you just can't let your self slack off and not be mindful of what you eat...example: I ate too much last month and gained 5 lbs. because of all the birthday parties and Halloween parties I went to. I DO lead a healthier lifestyle now, as I don't eat a lot of things that are bad for me anymore. I even have cut down on sweets, and that was a big addiction in my life. I quit logging my food a while back and was doing fine but I'm back to it cause I don't want to lose myself and what I've worked so hard for. I would love to have some more friends who are at the same point on this journey. Feel free to add me. Hope to talk soon. :)

Replies

• IrshRnr56
    IrshRnr56 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Southernb3lle good for you on losing 70#! I have a sugar addiction as well and have been worrying how I'll do over the holidays. Halloween was very difficult and I ate my share of Butterfingers and Reese's peanut butter cups, but all minis : )
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I just started weaning myself off of it. It was hard at first but became easier. Also, after not eating a lot of sugar for a while, now everything tastes super sweet. haha
  • Linovitz
    Linovitz Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me! I lost about 65 and just starting into maintaining.
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi Southernb3lle, you can feel free to friend me. I'm not technically at maintenance right now. Doctor has given me OK to drop 10 more pounds so I'm working on that now. But I promised her I wouldn't go any lower. I'm 58, male, 5'10" and 180 pounds.

I did this once before in 2010 and got to 170 and went into maintenance, but got as low as 157 (unintentionally) before I got eating/exercise under control. Still, maintenance was tough. I'm better educated this time and looking at these forums (Maintaining Weight) to prepare myself for this switch.
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 and have maintained for six months. I have been successful, but know that this is for the rest of my life. I treat myself a little now, but I have to make sure I still track and will always have to. I can't trust myself to NOT keep track of my calories in and calories burned.