Question for Fitbit users

Options
I have recently started jogging and am seriously considering buying a fitbit. There are just so many varieties. Does anybody have advice or pros and cons you could share with me to help decide which I should get?

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you browse through the Fitbit Users Group here on MFP. There is a lot of good information there.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit HR and I love it. Definitely join the community. :)
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I've had my Charge HR for almost four months and I love it. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made.
  • KimmyKicksAss
    KimmyKicksAss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have a flex. Would love to upgrade for the Charge HR one day.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have the regular Charge (no HR) - works great for me. Better than I thought it would. I previous had the One and really loved it up until the day I lost it. Wasn't sure about a wrist model because I heard it could over count steps. I actually think it is the opposite though and under counts steps - which is fine for me, I need to more my butt more anyway.
  • xcoffeebean
    xcoffeebean Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I purchased the Charge HR this past April and have been happy with it since.. recently bought my sister the same one and she's thrilled. Before purchasing I spent a month reading through reviews on activity trackers across the board (jawbone, garmin, polar, misfit, etc). The charge hr had the right specs and price point to satisfy. Bought a 2-yr warranty just in case but so far it survived many accidental water encounters like a trooper.

Would definitely recommend it (:
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    There are few things to consider. I love my Fitbit One, and I have a great fondness for my Fitbit Charge HR (I happen to wear them both). I have a friend that lost 4 or 5 of the Fitbit One's so I might offer that since I attach mine to my bra that might not be the best choice for you - the waist thing seems to be an easier place to lose it from. The Charge HR needs to be charged every 3 days or so, the Fitbit One weekly and I have a co-worker that didn't want to be bothered with any of that and had a Fitbit Zip. The other things to look into are how much information do you want/need to gather.

I will also add that I honestly attribute some of my success to my Fitbit it has a way of keeping you active daily - hope to welcome you to the family soon.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I've been using my Fitbit One for nearly 3 years and love it. The only thing is, I have to replace the little clip every year or so (about $25) but it's worth it to me. When my One dies, I'll just replace it with another one; I'm personally not a fan of the wristbands so I won't consider any of the other Fitbits. I like that mine is hidden under my shirt on my bra strap.
  • tiffanyfoundit
    tiffanyfoundit Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I had the Charge HR and it didn't work right for me. I got it replaced And it still didn't calculate strides And distance properly. And it kind of made me crazy. Tracking my every step wasn't good for my mental health. So I got rid of it. A lot of people are super into them though. Clearly.
    I got mine from Target and it was super easy to return, so if you're not sure I would get one from there so you can return it easy if you don't like it.