Need to lose 50+ lbs in 5 to 6 months.

Options
I'm a guy and would love nothing more than to lose 50 lbs. Right now I'm at 243, and need to get down to at least 190 by November, after that I would love to get down to 180 or 170 because I'm getting married. I'm 5'11" and need some motivation, I think I can get my diet down, and I'm going to jog 3 times a week. What are some fun exercises that I can do on my "days off'. Also is this a good goal? Have you done it? I would love for this to be a thread where I check in daily and let people know how I'm doing, and would love for others to do the same in here. I will check in daily (during the work week) if you will do the same!

Thanks!

Replies

• bmkess
    bmkess Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Aww yeah just got done jogging .5 miles, tomorrow going to play some basketball, and then thursday I'm going to jog .75 miles!
  • turbosupremo
    turbosupremo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am/was pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm 5'10", at my worst I was 270, but 40 weeks ago I was at 230, and today 180. You are looking to cut the same in half the time, so I wish you luck, but if you stick with it, don't fall off the wagon, and dedicate yourself to it, you'll get there.

First and foremost, the diet is the most important thing. Do not cheat with your diary tracking because you will just be cheating yourself. At the beginning, just sticking to your calorie goals, and running 3 times a week, the pounds will melt off (they did for me).

The last 10-20lbs however, is where **** got tough. You really have to step it up in your exercise, and for me, a cheat day would set me back 3-4 days in my progress. So again... You have your goal in mind, and think of that goal every time you see a greasy slice of pizza or an ice cold beer.

Fun exercises to do, I personally box several times a week, play volleyball on my off days, and run or golf on the other days I have open. (being single helps make time for it all). I suggest joining some kind of boot-camp style of class on top of your running. This will help strengthen your muscles, and the saying goes, the more muscles you have, the more calories you burn when working out. Doing some body weight strength exercises at home are also a good way to achieve this if you don't like doing the gym routine.

Start by doing 10 push ups, 10 sit ups, 10 squats, 10 pull ups, 10 lunges then a 10 second plank. Do this Everyday! And then every other day, increase that number by 1.By the end, if you stick with it, you'll be doing in the ball park of 80-90. I even suggest breaking it up. 5 of each, and then another 5, to give the muscles a little break in between.

Good luck with your goal! Stick to your goal, and just remember, if you do end up falling off the wagon... don't quit. You get your *kitten* right back on that wagon and push yourself to get to where you want to be. The power is in you to do it!
  • gridthusto
    gridthusto Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Were you able to do this? I am weighing in at 260lbs would like to lose 50lbs in that time frame. My goal weight would be 185 probably