Hi, trying to lose some weight n I'm usually not very good at it lol

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well I will try to help. Friend request sent!
  • markshipley695
    markshipley695 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info and friend request :) today is day one for me, so here goes!!
  • xcantore
    xcantore Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add me, we can do this together! I have bad days, where I eat the burger, fries, and desert and good days of healthy foods and exercises. Working towards more good days!☺
  • zorahgail
    zorahgail Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP @markshipley695! I don't know if anyone's good at weight loss when they first give it a try LOL. How do we get good at something? Lots of practice :smile: You can do it!
  • markshipley695
    Options
    Thanks @zorahgail :) your defo right, lots of practice!! Looks like I've made it through day one tho with almost 500 cal's spare :) so far so good x
  • markshipley695
    Options
    Hope everyone's having a good day :)
  • markshipley695
    Options
    Day 2. Feeling good about this, I actually feel like this app and the people on it are gonna help :)
  • jgnatca
    edited November 2015
    Options
    High hopes, man. Here's more reading for you.

http://www.chalenejohnson.com/goals/8020rule/

Oh, and make sure you eat your MINIMUM calories daily. That will prevent unintended side effects.
  • markshipley695
    Options
    I'm trying @jgnatca think I maybe got a little over excited on my first day lol
  • markshipley695
    Options
    So, it's Friday night here and this is where things usually go downhill........ Beer n crisps
  • jgnatca
    Options
    You eat and drink for socializing? What can you do instead of eat and drink? Play darts? Or can you budget some calories for one drink?
  • markshipley695
    Options
    I'm trying to budget my calories, doing my best to keep to my target
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    We gain and lose weight based on habitual behavior. Over consumption is why people gain, so eating less should be the first habit you should try to change.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jgnatca
    Options
    I won't call you undisciplined. You already know which activities are the most difficult. So do some reflection on why they are difficult and have a plan. I think it is dumb to give up Friday night socializing. So then the plan is what are you going to do when you get there? One idea is to budget your calories rather tightly for the day or week prior, and spend them on your night out. Or decide to limit yourself to so many beers and chips. Or pick a new activity that does not include consuming oceans of food.
  • markshipley695
    Options
    Ok, so I've got to my calorie limit and I've decided that that's enough. Got to say that it's a big change for me but that's why I'm doing this, to change. Pleased with myself and thanks for the wise words, all helping a lot
  • markshipley695
    Options
    Well, 6 days in and feeling good! Have to say that this app and the people on it are making keep going and actually enjoy trying to lose some weight
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Three cheers, buddy!
  • markshipley695
    Options
    8 days in and 2lbs lost
  • markshipley695
    Options
    Feeling good about myself right now, if the scales are to be believed hehe