My Workout for home, is it too simple??

Options
Does this sound reasonable workout plan? Or is it simple??
It's a 30 minute Workout btw to do at home.
Cardio - 1 minute each
*jog in place
*high knees
*Mountain Climbers
*Jump Rope
*Figure Skater
Upper Body - 30 Second Each
*Push Up
*Planks
Abs & Core - 30 Second Each
*Reverse Crunch
*6 Inch Hold
*Straight Leg Crunch
*Flutter Kicks
Lower Body - 30 second each
*Squats
*Lunges
Cardio - 1 Minute Each
*jog in place
*high knees
*Mountain Climbers
*Jump Rope
*Figure Skater

Rest 1 Minute & Repeat Once = 30 minutes

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Kind of looks like a dog's breakfast. What are your goals?
  • eliza8897
    eliza8897 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think any kind of exercise is better than none. YouTube also carries some great workout videos such as Jillian Michaels and Turbo Jam which I highly recommend
  • KyHymon14
    KyHymon14 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have turbo fire, T25, & hip hop abs, and many more but my space is very limited. I just moved to a different area so I'm not familiar with any gyms yet
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,191 Member
    Options
    Rather than trying to put your own program together, I would suggest finding one put together by someone with some experience. I would recommend "You Are Your Own Gym" by Mark Lauren. There is an app for it as well. It is a good workout you can do at home.

In terms of this one, you only have one real upper body exercise with pushups as planks are core exercises. It looks really heavy on core exercises as well. Will it work, probably. Could you do something more balanced and effective, yup.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely fine! You don't have to upgrade or look for program all u have to do is keep active long enough... There is also the walking option where you just need the outside :) all the best
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender streams online and it's awesome, with literally hundreds of quality workouts.
  • veggieerp
    veggieerp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Agree with other poster that upper body is lacking in above routine. I workout at home but alternate days on upper, lower and full body workouts.
  • memo1974
    memo1974 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely fine! You don't have to upgrade or look for program all u have to do is keep active long enough... There is also the walking option where you just need the outside :) all the best

I agree! the program you listed is great, just stick to it. Now focus on getting a diet that matches your goals! Cheers
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You need more upper body stuff. Planks are core exercises, and 30 seconds of push ups will really not make a difference in upper body strength.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    You need more upper body stuff. Planks are core exercises, and 30 seconds of push ups will really not make a difference in upper body strength.

How about varying so 30 secs straight push ups, 30 secs pike push ups, 30 secs of dips? If you have weights I like to make a bench from two chairs so my elbows go below floor height and do 30 reps of presses and 30 of er I don't know the name but arms straight in front of chest, then out to parallel with body and squeeze back in? I've seem good upper body improvements with these and I work out at home too!