Breakfast Suggestions

Options
12346»

Replies

• JimiJam514
    Options
    I usually have 2 of the Eggo Whole Wheat Waffles with a tbsp of Jif Peanut Butter with Honey and a tbsp of jelly, a cup of almond milk, and a black coffee during the week. On the weekends I like to fix Loco Moco which is rice with a protein of some sort a fried egg topped with brown gravy.
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am hypoglycemic so my Dr. has me eating 5 to 6 small meals a day. Here lately my first breakfast is at 6:30 am, 1 egg white, ¼ cup chopped mushrooms, ¼ cup fresh baby spinach, ¼ cup low fat cheese. I put the veggies in a small skillet with a spray of olive oil, cook until spinach is wilted, then add egg white. Cook until it is solid enough to flip, flip it and add the cheese on top. (last night I didn’t wait long enough so I just scrambled it up like scrambled eggs—this was GOOOD) I cook this the night before, when it cools wrap in paper towel then put in a sandwich bag in the fridge. Take it out when running out the door for work. Put it in the microwave for a minute then add 2 tbsp salsa. THEN at 9:30 am I eat some fresh fruit salad (usually strawberry, pineapple, watermelon, honey dew) a whole apple cut up and ½ cup cottage cheese. Sometimes I do a tbsp of honey on top. YUM YUM.
  • MrsSwink
    MrsSwink Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love smoothies. I always add in some powder and lots of greens.

Also I have made breakfast sandwhiches on a sunday- baked eggs in mufffin tins. Then wrap them in tin foil and pop half in the fridge and the other half in the freezer. When you wake up turnon the oven or toaster oven it will be ready in no time.