Weight loss supplement that works???

Options

Replies

• kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    Don't do it. That's my advice. Alli is a waste of money.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    SLDB68 wrote: »
    I try to stay at 1300 calories a day and work out 5 days a week religiously....at least 45 minutes of cardio, and some weight training. I weigh and measure my food. I'm starting to feel a bit ripped off for the work I'm doing. I'm losing weight very slowly. Is there a supplement that actually works??? I don't want to stop working out or any of that nonsense, I'd just like to make a bit more progress. I don't want to lose motivation.

@SLDB68 how many weeks did it take you to lose the 38 pounds?
  • vibrantval83
    vibrantval83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Vegetables!! Lots of vegetables
  • Benjamin047
    Benjamin047 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    All weight loss suppliments are a waste of time and money. Don't buy into crap like raspberry ketones. The only stuff that actually works is used by body builders, is highly illegal and can kill people. Anything that speeds up weight loss beyond 3lbs a week is bound to be highly dangerous - just don't go there!! Safe and sustainable weight loss is a long process. you should just focus on diet and exercise. 1300 calories seems possibly too low to me -especially with exercise everyday. Sometimes having too few calories can stop weight loss. More importantantly make sure the calories you do eat are of the best quality. Consider going low carb or vegan. Cut all sugar from your diet completely. Drink only water. These are a few things to try if you want faster weight loss and will have a bigger impact than any supplement ever could.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    The only supplement to weight loss that I have found any success with is exercise.
  • SLDB68
    SLDB68 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    W
    Alli actually has evidence to prove it works and is a less potent version of a prescription drug. However, it really trains you how to eat because if you eat too high of fat you will end up with poop in your pants. No joke. It has chemical components to prevent lipids from being taken up into your system but the side effects are horrendous. People report leaky stool and other very unpleasant and embarassing bowel symptoms. Slow and steady is definitely the way to go.

Yikes! I'll pass!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Alli actually has evidence to prove it works and is a less potent version of a prescription drug. However, it really trains you how to eat because if you eat too high of fat you will end up with poop in your pants. No joke. It has chemical components to prevent lipids from being taken up into your system but the side effects are horrendous. People report leaky stool and other very unpleasant and embarassing bowel symptoms. Slow and steady is definitely the way to go.

This sounds like a dreadful mistake you'd only make once in a lifetime.
  • SLDB68
    Options
    All weight loss suppliments are a waste of time and money. Don't buy into crap like raspberry ketones. The only stuff that actually works is used by body builders, is highly illegal and can kill people. Anything that speeds up weight loss beyond 3lbs a week is bound to be highly dangerous - just don't go there!! Safe and sustainable weight loss is a long process. you should just focus on diet and exercise. 1300 calories seems possibly too low to me -especially with exercise everyday. Sometimes having too few calories can stop weight loss. More importantantly make sure the calories you do eat are of the best quality. Consider going low carb or vegan. Cut all sugar from your diet completely. Drink only water. These are a few things to try if you want faster weight loss and will have a bigger impact than any supplement ever could.

I've been told that I might want to add calories. I don't think I can do it! If I get desperate.
  • SLDB68
    Options
    My goal for now is 185. I've been within 10 lbs of that for SO long! I was at 192.2 before the crazy 3 lb gain.
  • SLDB68
    edited November 2015
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I try to stay at 1300 calories a day and work out 5 days a week religiously....at least 45 minutes of cardio, and some weight training. I weigh and measure my food. I'm starting to feel a bit ripped off for the work I'm doing. I'm losing weight very slowly. Is there a supplement that actually works??? I don't want to stop working out or any of that nonsense, I'd just like to make a bit more progress. I don't want to lose motivation.

@SLDB68 how many weeks did it take you to lose the 38 pounds?

It was actually two separate diets. Im down 45 lbs. Now im apparently in maintenance mode. 6 months total.
  • SLDB68
    Options
    What is very slowly? If you are close to a. good weight then a half pound per week may be a pretty good goal. I was 200+ pounds overweight. After 23 months at just a bit more than 1 pound per week I'm down 115 pounds. In another couple of years I'll get to where I want to be. After 25 years of getting fat I'm not going to lose it quickly.

Also as I get more active I'm developing more muscle. Muscle is more dense than fat. So? I still need to add the muscle mass for health as much as I need to lose weight.

Congrats! That's amazing!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You've lost 38 pounds, WTG! You don't need a supplement. If you're frustrated with your rate of loss, you need to look to your logging. You have a lot of generic items and cups in there, they're inaccurate. Also days that are not logged, are you eating these days or taking a day off?

+1
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The supplements that work are always pulled from the market because they're dangerous. As of now, there is no safe pill that burns fat faster. When there is, it will be on every newscast, magazine cover, and it'll be all over the Internet. People will even sell things that sound like it, trying to make some money. Everyone will be talking about it. You won't be able to escape knowing about it.

Until that day comes, the old-fashioned advice is still the best: eat right and exercise.

Losing weight slowly beats not losing weight! It's hard work. It takes a long time. But in the end, you'll be thin.

It's worth doing!! :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    @SLDB68 I just wanted to say how happy I am that you came back to your thread. Most new members who pose these types of questions run away in a hissy fit when they don't get the answers they want. You're still here, which is a good sign :+1::lol:
  • SLDB68
    edited November 2015
    Options
  • Christine_72
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Awesomness you'll get there. It sometimes takes time to find your groove.
  • hayjacob
    hayjacob Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Find what your macros are and eat based off those.
  • SLDB68
    Options
    @SLDB68 I just wanted to say how happy I am that you came back to your thread. Most new members who pose these types of questions run away in a hissy fit when they don't get the answers they want. You're still here, which is a good sign :+1::lol:
    Thanks! I'm working too hard to give up. I'm not thin skinned. I'm by no means perfect but I'm trying really hard!
  • SLDB68
    Options
    hayjacob wrote: »
    Find what your macros are and eat based off those.

What do you mean by macros?
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Thanks! I'm working too hard to give up. I'm not thin skinned. I'm by no means perfect but I'm trying really hard!

You had the same issue with quoting as I just did huh? Something is off with it lately...