Ab wheel??? Anybody else use these things??

Options
2»

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Kills the back
    Not if you do them properly...

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »
    I like the simplest one to be honest, little wheel and two handles. There's that one that's made by a Navy SEAL supposidely but it sounds like it helps you cheat your way back up, dunno maybe it's good.
    The only way to go...
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    How many do u guys do???? How many till failure
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    How many do u guys do???? How many till failure

I only use it once per week and it depends on how I feel; I don't try and annihilate my abs. If I feel pretty good after my session I'll either shoot for two sets of 25 good reps or shoot for one set of 50 consecutive reps. If I feel like crap then I might just do one set of 10 - 20 reps depending on where my energy is at.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I kind of sort of hate the things. I always feel like the wheel is a little too narrow and I end up wobbling too much. Much prefer RKC planks and I feel like they work better for me.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yep I use it from time to time from my knees but I also do swiss ball rollouts on 1 leg & sometimes barbell rollouts. I'm lazy & just use whatever equipment is readily at hand... :)
  • dlm7507
    dlm7507 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You can learn to do it with these regressions and progressions rosstraining.com/blog/2011/03/03/standing-ab-wheel-rollout-tutorial/
  • dlm7507
    dlm7507 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    If you don't like the hand grip width of wheels, there's alway this rosstraining.com/blog/2011/02/24/slider-exercise-tutorial/
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I own one, like it. In a pinch I use dumbbells, pretty awesome.