Hello Everyone

Options
Just wanted to say Hello... My name is Jess and after college, moving, more college and dating a (self-proclaimed) foodie, I've been the heaviest I ever been and +/-3lbs the same weight for a year now. With continuous gym time I managed to shift some weight to more appealing areas, but now on to the nutrition part! I'm not much of calorie counter and the very thought makes me cringe so if there's any suggestions out there about how to navigate around this site or making calorie counting somewhat enjoyable, please feel free to share!

Good luck to everyone with their goals!

- Jess

Replies

• kensqt4life71
    kensqt4life71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    j_marie913 wrote: »
    Just wanted to say Hello... My name is Jess and after college, moving, more college and dating a (self-proclaimed) foodie, I've been the heaviest I ever been and +/-3lbs the same weight for a year now. With continuous gym time I managed to shift some weight to more appealing areas, but now on to the nutrition part! I'm not much of calorie counter and the very thought makes me cringe so if there's any suggestions out there about how to navigate around this site or making calorie counting somewhat enjoyable, please feel free to share!

Good luck to everyone with their goals!

- Jess

Good luck 2 u .Im new to this ..
  • juanitastackhouse
    Options
    Hey! I totally get what you mean about wanting to cringe. Calorie counting comes with a weird stigma sometimes. I started by telling myself that I was using calorie counting as a tool to learn and practice portion control. It made sense to me that I was simply over eating. With calorie counting I didn't have to give up any of my favourite foods ( this made a big difference), I just needed to eat one reasonable portion (or as I discovered, budget my calories for the pizza splurge, or drinks with friends). I found out about a funny thing. I love the numbers game! Playing with my deficit, seeing the results on the scale. So good! Keeps me motivated. I keep learning more and more about what my body responds well to, and as a result I started eating better (a bit...haha). My intention with calorie counting was to use it as a catalyst (worked!), but I got hooked. Under or over, it all gets counted. It holds me accountable to the results. Maybe you'll find the same thing! I didn't expect to stick with it really, but I thought it was as good a start as any. So glad I did it. 60lbs down and counting!