when did you know you were moving to maintenance?

Options
I am the lowest weight of my adult life, at 40 I am lighter than I was when I got married 14 years ago by over 15lbs, I feel I am about 5lbs from my ideal goal, I have a fair bit of toning to still do, mainly my legs.

I have been sitting the same weight for almost 2 months, when do you know you are in maintenance? Maybe my body isn't meant to go any lighter?

When do you know? I am not going to stop working, I love eating healthy, I love going to the gym. Just don't know when I should switch to maintenance.

Replies

• mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    3 years ago I started maintenance as I did not want to be below 170. I now weigh 165 with more muscle. ... I have taken it up a notch with my abs, chest and arms.. I upped my floorwork
    push ups, planks and jumping jacks and realized I could lose a little more weight and build muscle. I also started on this
    site so I monitored my food intake. Suprised how quickly 2600 calories go in a day.

I guess what I now think is that there is no such thing as maintenance. You must wake up and think how can I be
    fitter today.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I hit my goal. *shrug* But my goal wasn't unrealistic. At 5'4", my goal was 130. I could have gone under, but I did not want to lose it in my face (I'm in my 40's). Make sure you have a realistic goal.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I got to my goal weight a couple of years ago and then coasted, worked out but then gradually put a few pounds on. I was ok with 5lbs but then it got to 12 and I started tracking here and I upped my workouts, when I lost the 12lbs I switched my profile to maintenance. I do think your body will find it's weight and you would have to starve yourself to get below that. If you're ok with the weight you are at I would just leave your profile to weight loss for a bit, keep eating healthy and working out, you'll probably find you don't lose more weight but you may be burning more fat, then try switching it to maintenance and see how it goes. I knew for me I don't want to lose anymore weight. There are some places I'd like to tone up more and get rid of some of the fat pockets, but I'm getting too boney in other areas!