Stress

Options
JayStu
JayStu Posts: 332 Member
I am currently going through a tough time right now, cause i made a person decision to hastily and now have to live with it but I am wondering how you all deal with the tough challenges that come your way. I used to just eat when I was stressed out but am doing good at not doing that now.

Replies

• xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Working out helps. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT one of those "I go out and run 30 miles until I feel better" people. But biking, walking and yoga all help me feel better.

I also play video games. Nothing calms me down like shooting things.

And on that note, shooting my rifle is also a way to calm my nerves. I have to really focus on being still and breathing, and that takes my mind off things.
  • hdean1989
    hdean1989 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    i am having a terrible time stress wise right now and i have channeled it in to working out and trying new healthy recipes :smile: cooking calms me so now i am cooking healthier and loving it!
  • hdean1989
    hdean1989 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Working out helps. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT one of those "I go out and run 30 miles until I feel better" people. But biking, walking and yoga all help me feel better.

I also play video games. Nothing calms me down like shooting things.

And on that note, shooting my rifle is also a way to calm my nerves. I have to really focus on being still and breathing, and that takes my mind off things.

i agree going to the shooting range is a great therapy!!
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I sent you a message but in summary my advice

DO THINGS.

All the things that "sound fun" but you never actually did........Do those. Often.

Avoid destructive vices too.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I sent you a message but in summary my advice

DO THINGS.

All the things that "sound fun" but you never actually did........Do those. Often.

Avoid destructive vices too.

^^ Best advice, ever.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    help others that will help you sometimes we think our problems are bad but we find out some people have it much worse
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    meditation
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Laughing , really helps good friends , and focussing on good times.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Run fast and run far. Nothing clears my head better than a good run.