Help! Wanna eat all the time???

Options
sissiluv
sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
It doesn't matter if I'm actually hungry or not...I can even be painfully full and I'll still want to eateateat.
This is a very recent phenomenon. It could be celery, or crackers or it could be greasy fast food, as long as it's food I want it.

Does anybody else have this problem? Any advice on how to 'cure' this?

Thanks. :c

Replies

• tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i do, but im a weed smoker, once i smoke a joint thats it!
    i do 80 mins of cardo most days now and dont buy unhealthy food so if i overeat atleast its healthy xx
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Maybe your not eating enough calories. I checked your diary and although it looked fine, but your body needs more. Or maybe you aren't getting the nutrients you need. Try eating a huge salad with low fat dressing and chicken. That usually works for me. A multivitamin may help. I eat apples and drink hot tea when I feel hungry. I feel hungry all the time but I'm pregnant.
  • mkocol
    mkocol Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try getting yourself some protein shakes. They come in many different flavors or you can mix in yours. They provide plenty of nutrients and vitamins and help to curb appetite. I have been using them because I was also an eater and i lost 40 lbs.
  • MissYogapants
    MissYogapants Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm like this too! But I discovered I'm addicted to sugar (for real), and sugar (especially sweeteners and HFCS) can create insane and uncontrollable cravings and urges among people who have brains that are sensitive to sugar (70% of the population). I found that there was sugar in everything I ate! Everything from the 30 grams of nuts I ate every afternoon to the smoked ham I put on my sandwich every morning (not to mention all the flour types that the body and brain reacts to just like sugar). I'd recommend the book I read but it's in Swedish :/
  • artistadele
    Options
    My sister and I both have this problem. Reducing the sugar intake helps a little.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    For me this is a signal that I'm stifling thoughts or feelings. Therapy has helped a lot.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    You might just need to eat more, you have days that are only 1300-1500 calories even when you are exercising... but I dont know your height so dont know your BMR and TDEE..

I have the same feeling of hunger, even if I just ate allot if I haven¨t been eating enough for a while.

You could read through this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974889-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

It could also be false hunger, so if you are sure you are getting enough food then talk with a doctor.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    See a doctor, could be a host of medical reasons for it. Could also be a psychological thing, in which case, a psychologist may be of help.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    If you are restricting yourself too much, it could be a reaction to the restriction. I know one time I went on a really strict diet and didn't eat any deserts not even a bite of anything. I dreamed about a cherry pie. Now I find that if I have a cappucino with skim or soy milk it will be satisfying enough. A flavored tea, no sugar. A yogurt. Anything that feels a bit like desert and is filling.
  • getfitcharles
    Options
    I suddenly became like that about a year ago and gained around 20 lbs which I'm now losing. Once I finally got around to seeking help for depression, it's definitely become easier to control myself. Dunno if that's relevant to you or not thoguh.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make a suggestion that is sincere: try eating a low carb diet (flame suit activated). I won't cite any studies or espouse the general efficacy of a low carb diet. What I will relate to you is my own personal experience.

I went on a carb restricted diet last March (it's called the Slow Carb Diet from the 4 Hour Body book by Tim Ferris). I have lost 70 lbs. I am absolutely certain I could have lost the same 70 lbs with a more traditional calorie restricted diet. But I went slow carb because my buddy got me started on it. I'm not here to debate which one works better for losing weight. But what I found along my journey was my severe carb problem. If I eat carbs, I want more carbs. Lots more carbs. And I am ALWAYS hungry. Having that issue right now as I try to eat more carbs to facilitate muscle growth. I am hungry all the time.

Here's what I know to be true about ME: When I eat slow carb, I am rarely hungry. I rarely crave sweets, never crave bread or rice or milk or yogurt. I naturally eat too little and need to track my calories to ensure I get enough to stop losing weight. I have energy and focus and rarely fall asleep in meetings. If I add carbs to my diet, I become ravenous and am continuously on the precipice of binging like a madman. I am a sleeping machine. I feel like crap.

So, I have learned enough about ME to know carbs are bad for ME. Adding them back into my diet results in bad things and an unhappy me.

I have read enough posts blasting anyone who eliminates entire food groups as morons to not talk about this much on here. They can all enjoy their blessed biology and eat carbs to their heart's content. Good for them. I am happy for them.

You eat a lot of carbs so maybe you have my cursed biology.

Tom
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    change macros eat more protein drink lots of water and fibrous carbs.

This helps ALOT!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if I'm actually hungry or not...I can even be painfully full and I'll still want to eateateat.
    This is a very recent phenomenon. It could be celery, or crackers or it could be greasy fast food, as long as it's food I want it.

Does anybody else have this problem? Any advice on how to 'cure' this?

Thanks. :c

Fight the urge, it'll go away if you can fight through it. When I started lean gains and IT fasting the first few days were BRUTAL. It started getting easier and easier. Train your mind, train your body.
  • RuthP92
    RuthP92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same! I just drink loads of water and try and keep myself busy! And away from the kitchen! :)
  • Amy4President
    Amy4President Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Couple of "tips" from someone who has been there:
    1. Watch your carbs and sugar intake. Limit carbs to whole grain once a day and only consume the sugar in fruits. Avoid artificial sweeteners. Do this for 2 weeks (it will be tough but cutting your sugar/carb intake is key).
    2. Drink lots of water. 64oz a day (that's 2 Nalgenes). If you add stuff like Crystal Light to it, then it will just make you crave more sugar.
    3. Go break a sweat. Like a really good one - run, walk, elliptical, yoga. Whatever your preference. You won't want to "undo" what you just did.
    4. Keep busy. If you're always counting calories and wondering what your next meal will be, then you're going to think you're hungry. TV doesn't really help since all that's on TV is food (I can't watch Real Housewives without convincing myself I need white wine).
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I get this way and I've discovered it is directly in proportion to how much sugar I eat. The more sugar I at, UP, UP, UP go the cravings. Try to reduce sugar from your diet and processed foods (especially "low-fat" processed foods - they replace the fat with sugar). After a few days with low sugar I can better defend against cravings.

Also make sure to eat shortly after waking up. If I wait too long to eat breakfast I always want to pig out at night, even if I had a big dinner and am not hungry. Eating breakfast within the first hour of waking up helps.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    This is DISGUSTING, but that can be a sign of worms. Check your poopoo for tiny white worms, or head to the doc, it's much more common than you'd think. My mum always thought I had worms when I was a kid...but I was just fat and lazy :wink:
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Water, water water! Drink it!
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I do this. I also have a binge eating disorder though... I have to stay away from carbs. I eat a normal carb, say a banana, and I go crazy..... then I want more carbs an there goes the downward spiral.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Newbie question: A lot of people are recommending lowering my carbohydrate intake...as a person with reactive hypoglycemia, is this safe for me to do? D: I mean, I always try to pair up my carb with protein of some sort (even if that comes from milk or peanut butter) so I thought I was okay on that front?