How do i get MFP to write that i completed my food log each day?

Options
Hi everyone!

Im a little confused as to how to get the 'fiona completed her diary enrty and was under calorie intake' for myself come up on the home screen like all my friends get.

I use MFP on my phone and computer, and i tried to do it on both but not working!

Also i am looking to make friends on here , so please add away :)

Fiona x

Replies

• TheopolisAmbroiseIII
    Options
    On your diary page in the app, scroll to the bottom. The last thing on the page is "Finished logging for today?" then a button that says "Complete this entry".
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    On ios app it is just a blue bar at the very bottom of the diary page saying 'complete entry'. Or you can click on the very top right of the diary screen it's an icon of a diary with a tick on the front.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The only time it won't send it after hitting the button is if you consumed fewer than 1000 net calories. If that's the case, then you need to eat a bit more. Keeping your body fueled with the proper amount of nutrients is still important while you lose.
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    ah thanks ladies!

Malibu927, that would be why! i logged 998 yesterday! thats a bugger i was hoping to try and stick to less than 1000 a day but looks like i wont be now :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    ah thanks ladies!

Malibu927, that would be why! i logged 998 yesterday! thats a bugger i was hoping to try and stick to less than 1000 a day but looks like i wont be now :)

You should be aiming for the goal MFP gives you, if not 1200 at the very least. Undereating can not only cause you to lose more muscle, but also some pretty serious health issues.
  • Urthepinetomyapple
    Options
    Hi fiona, glad you got help trying to figure out how to complete your diary :) i had a quick look at ur diary after reading about the small number of calories your consuming, do u not feel tired taking in that little? I couldnt function if i ate 1000 per day....im 5.1 and on 1500 per day and lost 2 stone in 12 weeks, you should try going on the scooby workshop and seeing what your intake should be and go from there, best of luck on your journey x

P.s im also looking for buddies as just starting over again so feel free to add me
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    ah thanks ladies!

You should be aiming for the goal MFP gives you, if not 1200 at the very least. Undereating can not only cause you to lose more muscle, but also some pretty serious health issues.

+1 and your protein on these days is super low (as it relates to maintaining/and or not losing muscle mass).
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    Options
    karn82 wrote: »
    Hi fiona, glad you got help trying to figure out how to complete your diary :) i had a quick look at ur diary after reading about the small number of calories your consuming, do u not feel tired taking in that little? I couldnt function if i ate 1000 per day....im 5.1 and on 1500 per day and lost 2 stone in 12 weeks, you should try going on the scooby workshop and seeing what your intake should be and go from there, best of luck on your journey x

P.s im also looking for buddies as just starting over again so feel free to add me

Hi thanks for the reply, i think i have been a tad strict on my self, and will take this into consideration. i need to get out of the mind set that eating less is better..... we all learn hey!
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    ah thanks ladies!

+1 and your protein on these days is super low (as it relates to maintaining/and or not losing muscle mass).

I did eat salmon on that day so i thought this was okay, after looking through peoples food diaries it appears that eggs are a common food people are having, i will try this. thank you for the reply though i appreciate the tips :)
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    Options

well done on the weight that you have lost!!! Youre doing great!!!
    As for my small calories, I do feel tired but no more than when I wasn’t dieting and just eating rubbish. :)
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    Options
    Oh wow i just went on the scooby workshop, and it said :

Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE)

Daily calories based on goal

• Urthepinetomyapple
    Options

Hi thanks for the reply, i think i have been a tad strict on my self, and will take this into consideration. i need to get out of the mind set that eating less is better..... we all learn hey!

I used to think less was better also, when i first came across this app i did the 1200 that mfp said and after 1 day i was like no way!!!! I would never have lost the weight i did as would have gave up x
  • Urthepinetomyapple
    Options
    Oh wow i just went on the scooby workshop, and it said :

Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE)

Daily calories based on goal

Yep mine is roughly the same although i go with 1500 as im comfortable with that, also means i can have a few drinks ect on the weekend with the unused :) works fab for me, best of luck x