Anyone tried Carb blockers?

Options
Some are on 50% off atm and my logic is if they dont work its no big loss, but has anyone tried them? Do they work?

Its white kidney bean extract

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Why do you feel that you should possibly take this ?

Why do you feel like you should "block" carbs?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    They don't work.
  • Sinead1819
    Sinead1819 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Why do you feel that you should possibly take this ?

Why do you feel like you should "block" carbs?

I bloat quite badly from carbs and I've got a spa trip in 2 weeks so if I can avoid looking like a beachball yet still eat what I enjoy (it's for my birthday) hopefully I wouldnt feel too self conscious! Apparently they do aid weight loss too
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    There's many weight loss aides and carb blocking products on the market. These big businesses market these products to people who are looking for a quick fix. If any of these weight loss products worked, then we all wouldn't be on here counting calories. Instead we would pop pills all day and be thin. But it doesn't work like that. These products don't work and can potentially be harmful in certain circumstances. For weight loss, all that's needed is a calorie deficit. There's no need for carb blockers or any gimmicks or fads.
    If you feel like you have bloating from carbs then I would talk to your doctor ( sometimes its not carbs in general but instead its a certain food that you could be reacting to )
    taking pills to look better on a trip seems to be shortsighted .
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Even at 50% off, you'd still be wasting your money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Sinead1819
    Options
    Obviously in combination with diet and exercise not instead of
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Waste of money. Wouldn't take them if they are free. They do not work.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Even at 50% off, you'd still be wasting your money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

+1
  • Sinead1819
    Options
    But has anyone actually got any experience rather than just opinions? That's why I didn't go off the website reviews because the positive experiences could easily be faked. If someone who’s tried them could say what their findings were that would be better than speculation from anyone surely? The must have some effect in the way of blocking carbs and surely that would result in blocking even just a small amount of calories?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for an endorsement? From anyone? Good luck
  • Sinead1819
    Options
    No just someone who's actually tried them because I don't believe the website reviews are from real people.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Sinead1819 wrote: »
    But has anyone actually got any experience rather than just opinions? That's why I didn't go off the website reviews because the positive experiences could easily be faked. If someone who’s tried them could say what their findings were that would be better than speculation from anyone surely? The must have some effect in the way of blocking carbs and surely that would result in blocking even just a small amount of calories?
    It's not a question of opinions versus experience. It's quite possible to reach a factual conclusion about something without experiencing that something.

At 50% off, this is your chance to waste half as much money as normal. They don't work.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options

If you think that we haven't tried every gimmick and fad around, then your wrong.

Before understanding how these things work ,Many of us started out just like you. ( looking for a quick fix, believing that these things may work ) but later realized that all these products are useless . so people here have tried it all. Again, if these things really worked then nobody would be on here counting calories.

Bottom line is, they don't work. Nothing store bought or man made can replace hard work and determination. If you want this bad enough, you'll have to work for it.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    No just someone who's actually tried them because I don't believe the website reviews are from real people.

They're not. And if there are any before/after pics, those are stolen off the internet. If someone actually comes on here and says they work, they're either pissed that they wasted money on them and got duped, or they're selling them. :)
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Why have I not ever heard of any of these miracle potions???

I am out of the loop I suppose...

What do they claim to do and how do you think that they work?

There was a "fat blocker" pill (maybe still it...I don't know) that seemed to work by making you poop you pants. I stayed way clear of that.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    Why have I not ever heard of any of these miracle potions???

I am out of the loop I suppose...

What do they claim to do and how do you think that they work?

There was a "fat blocker" pill (maybe still it...I don't know) that seemed to work by making you poop you pants. I stayed way clear of that.

There was a thread on here ( it has been removed because of the words anal leakage being used. It was before we had the filter )
    Anyway, the dude took his magic pills hoping to lose weight and look tight and firm. Well instead he ended up crapping on his girlfriend in his sleep. She was sleeping next to him and he crapped himself while sleeping!! So yeah, magic pills and woo are not the way to go.
    Most of these pills just make people go to the bathroom and dehydrate them .( but someone who doesn't know any better would weigh themselves and think yay its working! I've lost 2 pounds! Without understanding that it will come back and in reality they haven't really lost weight )
  • Sinead1819
    Options
    They're intended to inhibit amylase, the enzymes that break down starch, which makes it less digestible and passes through the digestive system without being absorbed, thus cutting back a couple of calories. Thats the theory behind it anyway. Its not miracle pill or a get slim fast but I only want to lose 4/5lbs in total anyway.

Didn't quite expect to be jumped on so harshly though from the majority of you, I was asking for anyone's experiences not looking for a miracle pill or trying to flog you all juice plus or shityourpants-teatox.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    OP, how do they work exactly?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    The pill referred to is called Alli. It's available by prescription only and it blocks some of the fat by shooting it uncontrollably out of your rectum, instead. Joyous! :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Natural carb blockers (or carb slowers) include fiber and acids like vinegar. Yes, fiber and vinegary foods have slowed my absorption of carbs.

@Sinead1819 you can lose 4-5 pounds in water weight in a week or two. There will be no way to know if it was the pill or a diet change.