HRM and Calories Burned

Options
I picked up a HRM today and so far I love it! My question is this. I have a workout mode that records my heart rate and calories burned while I am exercising, but it also gives me a daily total for calories burned. When I enter in my cardio for the day, do I include the calories burned in a separate entry? For example, I burned 102 calories in an hour of power pump today, but since I bought the HRM after work, it has recorded that I have burned a total of 543 calories. Do I only log the 102 or do I also log the extra 441?

Replies

• mkmerrill
    mkmerrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just got one. Love it. I only wear during workout and only log those calories.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I would log during your workout. Do you know your resting heart rate? (Resting heart rate is beneficial to know your maximum threshold and your endurance threshold.)
    On a day where you have no activity....like a regular day....you can look at what your cal burned& determine if you wish to include an extra cal burned activity. (Such as walking 4 hrs at the Mall). Example for me on Sunday I burned 154 cals for 2.5 hrs sitting in church. I would NOT record that as an extra. But today I burned 645 cal 64 min outdoor cycling. THAT I would record (and did!). Plus, your body is going to naturally use up calories just breathing and staying alive....Make sense?
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Yes it does! I figured it was just for the extra calories burned in a workout, but wasn't 100%