Low Carb, Carb Cycling or Balanced Diet

Options
I'm trying to shed 10 lbs of fat and build lean muscle mass. Which approach should I be taking for eating?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The body builders here would tell you to go on a bulk, lift heavy. Then go on a cut. You will have to climb the mountain before you can get down to where you want to be.
  • uwouldluvme2
    uwouldluvme2 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I've read that somewhere also. I've also read the opposite, do a lot of cardio and then add heavy weights back in.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Two opposing opinions don't cancel each other out. You will have to evaluate the claims of each. I'm satisfied with the consensus opinion here about the bulk and cut.

I am a cardio lover and I am still plenty jiggly. What cardio has done for me is increase my stamina and mobility. Cardio is suggested as a "fat burner" but I find the difference to be negligible. My morning run credits me about 200 calories. That's not very many cookies.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Carb cycling is usually done when you are at a low bodyfat already and trying to get leaner. Low carb is unsustainable in the long term. Either way you have to be in a deficit to lose the fat.

Best bet to eat a little below maintenance and lift heavy.
  • uwouldluvme2
    uwouldluvme2 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Got it! Thanks everyone :wink: