Chicken!

sherena123
sherena123 Posts: 3 Member
In need of some healthy chicken recipes.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    i usually just marinade it with whatever i'm feeling like and throw it on the grill and serve it with some kind of grain or starch and veggies which i prepare in a variety of manners.

otherwise i do a lot of soups and stews, tacos, enchiladas, etc.

go to a food website and search for chicken...i used to use eatingwell.com a lot.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    go to a food website and search for chicken...i used to use eatingwell.com a lot.

Yea, I like to go to allrecipes.com and you can search recipes by ingredient
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Boneless, skinless chicken breast - cut a slit in the middle and stuff with a bit of cheese and spinach. Any cheese you want, even Laughing Cow Cheese wedge. Close with 4 toothpicks, put in dish lined with foil for easy clean-up, drizzle a tad of EVOO on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper on the outside and some Cajun seasoning. Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until outside is firm. Served with a veggie and piece of bread or some rice.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    I just did this night before last:

Asian Chix Thighs: skinless thighs. Per-thigh glaze: 1 Tbl. soy sauce, 1 Tbl. honey, 1 Tbl. grated fresh ginger root, 1 tsp. Sesame oil (opt.). Put thighs in foil-lined pan. Mix together other ingredients and pour over chicken. Turn the thighs over until coated on all sides. Gather foil up around the chicken, leaving the top open. Bake 1/2 hour at 350F. Turn over. Bake another 15-20 minutes. Steam a mess of chopped veggies in a covered saute pan with a couple tablespoons nam pla (fish sauce) or some salt and a couple tablespoons water. When the veggies are about done, stir in some cooked brown rice. Stir in the juice that accumulated in the chicken foil. Serve when everything is hot.
  • kristen_wino
    kristen_wino Posts: 67 Member
    edited November 2015
    Try a (quick sautée) sliced green/red bell peppers with onion, spinach wth a garlic Infused olive oil ( I use only small amount of oil ) OR... sauce of your choice. Let it cool a bit then spoon over raw salt&pepper boneless/skinless chicken breast. Place in oven. OR.. for a low calorie option, don't use oil or flavoured sauce. Sautée veggies wth water and add puréed garlic to veggies instead.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    i usually just marinade it with whatever i'm feeling like and throw it on the grill and serve it with some kind of grain or starch and veggies which i prepare in a variety of manners.

otherwise i do a lot of soups and stews, tacos, enchiladas, etc.

exactly this^

i like skinnytaste.com