What Is Your Favorite Healthy, Easy Snack?

2»

Replies

• toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    I'm loving celery right now, with or without something on it (just peanuts peanut butter, light ranch, when I have calories to spare.) It's becoming my goto snack at night when I don't have a lot of calories left in my budget but I feel like I need to eat something.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Smoked ham slices, cottage cheese or a bit of extra dark chocolate. What also might help is to have somewhat smaller breakfast and lunch, giving you enough space in your calorie budget to enjoy those snacks in the evening. That's what I do!
  • cocoa dusted almonds, roasted jicama w/ cream cheese and sugarfree jam, hardboiled eggs with faces drawn on the outsides
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    quest bar
  • RealityRobin
    RealityRobin Posts: 1 Member
    Try sticking with your fruit routine, but expand it to include other in-season fruits. Chilled fresh pineapple is AMAZING.

For the nuts, try portioning out the correct amount into ziploc baggies, tupperware, whatever, so you don't have to count them out and put the bag back in the pantry when you're hungry. Just grab ONE serving and go.

Edamame is always filling and a yummy snack that's easy to prepare.

I've also found individual pickle packs... not great for sodium, but I put them in the door of the fridge at eye level so I see them first. Eating a pack of those while I'm making my "real" snack helps keep me in control.
  • LyndaTay
    LyndaTay Posts: 48 Member
    Almonds and string cheese.
  • duna_pruna
    duna_pruna Posts: 27 Member
    Sugar free jello. Weight watchers string cheese. Baby carrots. Banana.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    trail mix (I mix it myself)
    carrots and hummus
    apple and peanut butter
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    dates, cheese stringers, peanut butter, tahini :)
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    a bowl or natural greek yoghurt or a small handful of unsalted almonds
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 237 Member
    -4 Low-sodium Triscuit crackers with 1 tablespoon roasted red pepper, roasted pine-nut or kalamata olive hummus.
    -11 Calbee Baked Snap Peas
    -Fresh fruit
    -Non-Fat plain Greek yogurt & 1 teaspoon honey
    -Dates stuffed with low-fat cheese