Cooked or raw

Options
Can anyone tell me if the nutrition values in this program is for cooked or raw meats?

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Both.
  • SeaStarRI
    SeaStarRI Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well, I typed in a choice and it didn't say if it was cooked or raw. Am I to assume it's one or the other?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    SeaStarRI wrote: »
    Well, I typed in a choice and it didn't say if it was cooked or raw. Am I to assume it's one or the other?

for most things, there are multiple entries...for example..."boneless skinless chicken breast - USDA" or "boneless skinless chicken breast grilled - USDA" or something along those lines.

it would also be beneficial to know what exactly you are looking for.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Many of the figures here and on labels, pretty much world-wide, rely on the USDA figures for estimating calories. Choose the numbers that match when you weigh/measure the ingredient. If the seemingly random number of listings for a single food in the database leave you wondering which one to use, double-check the food here: http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search -- then you can choose a listing in the MFP database that lets you do a valid number of calories, etc. Also, look for listings that have the check indicating they are validated. They still may not be what you need but a good place to start.
  • SeaStarRI
    SeaStarRI Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the info.