Banking Calories

Options
Let's face it, sometimes, you go on a long walk after work and have a couple hundred extra calories to play with for the night.

And, sometimes, you go out for drinks with friends.

Wouldn't life be so much easier if they both happened on the same day? But it doesn't always work that way. Sometimes, they happen on completely different days.

Right now, on Weight Watchers, I can save up the activity points I earn and use them as needed throughout the week. If I have a party on Friday, I can save up my activity points throughout the week to spend at the party.

Does anybody here bank activity calories in some way? How do you do it?

I really want to switch to MFP from WW (at least for tracking- I still plan on attending meetings), but there are aspects of WW that I really like- being able to bank activity points is one of them.

Replies

• joshuakcaron
    joshuakcaron Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    @ftsolk I guess in a way I bank calories instinctively. I typically eat less during the week and more on weekends and it balances itself out. I don't use any kind of system to track it, I just know I usually eat about 1000-1500 calories less than I should in the week and make it up when I have one 1000-1200 calorie meal on the weekend (all you can eat sushi.) I've been doing it for seven weeks without really thinking of it in that way but I've also lost 39lbs in those 7 weeks.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Many people follow a weekly calorie goal. The app will show how far under you are for the week, and you can figure out how many extra calories you have when those days roll around.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I definitely bank calories. It's the only way I have kept my sanity while losing weight.
  • jdleanna
    jdleanna Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You can track your weekly numbers by going to the nutrition tab, clicking calories, and choosing the weekly view. Then you can see how far under you are for the week. Lots of people bank calories this way I think.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yes. If my deficit is not aggressive I'll set it up in a way where I'll eat 100 calories under each day, and enjoy the extra on Saturday. I do this in maintenance, and honestly I'll probably do it during my bulk as well.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Since I've been in maintenance, banking calories to eat something that would normally put me over for the week is something pretty common.