Lady's I need beauty advise please

Options
karyabc
karyabc Posts: 830 Member
Soooo what's up Mfp? I've been away for too long and yes, this is my comeback post and it can not be more silly!

But here it goes, I just turn 28 and really want to start early to take care of my skin, especially my face , but there are so many beauty line/products that it drives me crazy , cause I really want something that in the best case scenario be cheap as possible but above all that works aka leave my skin glowing, hydrates and if do something with some black spots that I have more awesome then. (I guess asking to prevent aging it's too much :p )

So what's your beauty routine (besides drinking tons of water) or your go to products ?

Thanks you much in advance

Replies

• earth_echo
    earth_echo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Eat tons of fruit & veg, stay hydrated and ind ways to incorporate more gelatin in your diet.
  • karyabc
    Options
    earth_echo wrote: »
    Eat tons of fruit & veg, stay hydrated and ind ways to incorporate more gelatin in your diet.

Ditto on the tons of fruit, veg and wata' . Gelatin will have to try it. Txs
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been using Neutrogena products. I use the pretty basic line - Pore Refining Daily Cleanser and Fresh Foam Cleanser. I also use some of the acne treatments. I have to switch things up every so many days, it just seems to work better for my skin. But aside from all of that use a daily moisturizer with a SPF of at least 15. I have been using a SPF since I was a teenager, not sure if it's genes or the SPF but just in case, use one. The SPF will make a huge difference if you are using anything to fade spots.

Best wishes.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I can second the Neutrogena products. It's a solid drug store line. The Body Shop, LUSH, Philosophy and Vichy are all brands I'd recommend too!

SPF is so, so important. And make sure that no matter what, you remove your makeup before bed!
  • karyabc
    Options
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    Hello, I have been using Neutrogena products. I use the pretty basic line - Pore Refining Daily Cleanser and Fresh Foam Cleanser. I also use some of the acne treatments. I have to switch things up every so many days, it just seems to work better for my skin. But aside from all of that use a daily moisturizer with a SPF of at least 15. I have been using a SPF since I was a teenager, not sure if it's genes or the SPF but just in case, use one. The SPF will make a huge difference if you are using anything to fade spots.

Best wishes.

Yes I've heard that using daily SPF it's the best for your face , thanks for reminding me, I think I will def. start with that. And about neutrogena products , I used them in my teens years but never stick with them , will check them tomorrow in my shopping hunting. Txs
  • karyabc
    Options
    I can second the Neutrogena products. It's a solid drug store line. The Body Shop, LUSH, Philosophy and Vichy are all brands I'd recommend too!

SPF is so, so important. And make sure that no matter what, you remove your makeup before bed!

Ugh I've never use makeup in a daily basis but for the last couple of months I'm doing it (I swear you think losing weight will make people treat u better , try using make up ! My life will never be the same ) and something like removing my makeup is the worst part , I get sooo lazy.
  • Determined_ella_89
    Determined_ella_89 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar.... (1 part acv 3 parts cooled, boiled water) Sounds awful but makes my skin feel and look great. Soap and glory greatest scrub is amazing.. Aloe Vera.. That's it for me :)
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Bare Minerals is a simple mineral powder that usually comes off without forcing you to scrub your life away. With that type, if you've washed your entire face, you've removed your makeup! It doesn't give your skin any moisture, but doesn't rob it either. Your skin will glow beautifully, and nobody will know about your blemishes/spots! I use that for special occasions. Otherwise, I second the idea of just taking care of yourself! Your skin will thank you.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Honey is a natural humectant and very good for the skin too if you can tolerate the notion of putting it on your face too!
  • melasencio
    melasencio Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    Options
    melasencio wrote: »
    Coconut oil.
    The man knows what he's talking about.
  • karyabc
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar.... (1 part acv 3 parts cooled, boiled water) Sounds awful but makes my skin feel and look great. Soap and glory greatest scrub is amazing.. Aloe Vera.. That's it for me :)

I'm up for anything , I'll try it and see how it goes
  • karyabc
    Options
    melasencio wrote: »
    Coconut oil.
    The man knows what he's talking about.

Hahahahaaha yes he does. People swear by coconut oil but I so can't tolerate the smell of it :s
  • karyabc
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    Bare Minerals is a simple mineral powder that usually comes off without forcing you to scrub your life away. With that type, if you've washed your entire face, you've removed your makeup! It doesn't give your skin any moisture, but doesn't rob it either. Your skin will glow beautifully, and nobody will know about your blemishes/spots! I use that for special occasions. Otherwise, I second the idea of just taking care of yourself! Your skin will thank you.

I Google it and see that have great reviews ! Awesome, tx u.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I live in a very dry climate, so I use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisurizing Lotion first after cleansing. I've used it for nearly 20 years. Can use it all around my eyes with no irritation. After that I use Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm SPF 20. Most days that's it. I'll add to that base if I'm doing makeup.
  • jennmpantoja
    jennmpantoja Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I love coconut oil for my skin, but when the weather changes I tend to change from the oil to a lotion. Being in Kansas our weather changes constantly. As for my face I use Clinique, it is the only stuff I've found that works great and helps me with breakouts however I have yet to find anything that will really help with the genetically inherited dark circles and bags. You definitely want to rest and eat right, plus good multi-vitamins are a great boost.