anyone else eating mostly carbs?

Options

Replies

• wasp700
    wasp700 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    get some mama noodles. 240 cals...stick some veg in if you want, great filling meal..
  • wasp700
    wasp700 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    wasp700 wrote: »
    get some mama noodles. 240 cals...stick some veg in if you want, great filling meal..

ive lost 9.5 kilos in 40 days having that as lunch with a egg craked in before i microwave it, normal meal evening..fish and chips.. pizza etc.. good luck mate
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options

ive lost 9.5 kilos in 40 days having that as lunch with a egg craked in before i microwave it, normal meal evening..fish and chips.. pizza etc.. good luck mate

I just Google it, they seem yummy but 1260 mg of sodium per serving its something to consider when us ladies retain so much water already. But Glad too see it works for u!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Anything that is effective and you can stick to, will work.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight and happy, then ok.

I will say that Intermittent Fasting may be useful for you. Try this group... http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    About 2400 of my 4350 calories are from carbs. Sometimes a little less if there's something really good and protein- or fat-heavy on the menu.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    If you are still really hungry and craving more food, try switching out some of the simple carbs for complex carbs that are higher in fiber (eat your potatoes with the skin, get some higher fiber cereal like bran flakes, eat whole grain bread, eat fruit and veggies, etc). I find that getting more fiber curbs the hunger.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I am bulking right now, so I get about 50% of my diet from carbs..however, when cutting that is closer to about 30 to 35%.

as long as you eat in a calorie deficit then you will lose weight, no matter what % of your calories come from carbs. However, I would make sure that you are hitting fat and protein minimums.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    randomsue wrote: »
    Sit down and set some goals. What are your goals besides losing x number of pounds? Do you want to be fit, are you trying to get off of certain meds you're on right now, how are you visualizing your lifestyle in 5-10-15 years? You want to eat this way but are you looking at your long term health, is it sustainable and if it is how are you going to sustain it?

Setting goals that is long term is what will determine the longevity of your weight loss. Yes, you can lose weight on most fad diets out there but can you sustain it for the long term. Set your goals and what you can't live without. Once you have the long term goals in place, implement the changes that would get you there.

you can eat carbs and hit long term health goals.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly carbs, but not necessarily the kind you mentioned in your first post.

I definitely advocate for eating A LOT of carbs!! o:) I never feel bloated either, except maybe after alcohol...
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, so I eat a lot of carbs--tons of veggies, some fruit and beans, and occasionally whole wheat pastas and grains. Doing this I've lost 93 pounds, so it's working for me!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I eat about 50% carbs, so about 400 grams per day.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm struggling, I mean really struggling with cravings. Do any of you just eat mainly simple carbs, like for example, a big bowl of frosted flakes with whole or 2% milk for dinner, or fried chicken with real mashed potatoes and gravy and a biscuit and a glass of sweet tea? I would rather have a smaller portion of good food like this, than to eat a bunch of stuff that I just don't like. I'm just being as real as I can be here. If the calories in versus calories out thing is what it takes to lose weight, well why not? I'm including a multi-vitamin and exercise too. Also, I realize that I would be eating very little due to the high calorie content, but if I maybe waited til dinner, I could make it work. What you say? Go easy on me now! I'm 5'3 and I am currently 193lbs.

I couldn't do it.
    I'd be starving after the frosted flakes for dinner and eating everything in sight.
    Sure, once in a while it might be fun.

Fwiw, though, basically only the sugar on the flakes and the sugar on the tea are "simple" carbs.
    Grains, and root vegetables. The flakes, the biscuit, the flour coating on the chicken, the potato (assuming it's a potato and not "potato flakes aka KFC, the flour in the gravy) have "complex" carbs.

With the exception of the mashed potato (If it's really potato) they are presumably highly refined, nutrient poor complex carbs, but complex nonetheless.

And of course the chicken itself doesn't really have carbs, and the milk has some.

Why not try eating nutrient dense foods and adding in frosted flakes as a treat?

I found losing weight easier when I focused on eating mostly nutrient dense foods, with some treats. And have found maintenance easier this way as well.

I eat typically eat a hearty breakfast (eggs, yogurt, a green smoothie), and then a lunch with vegetables and fish or meat for lunch, and a dinner of vegetables and meat, chicken, fish for dinner, and a nice treat.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I eat about 50% carbs, so about 400 grams per day.

I can't read anything you post. My eyes gravitate towards the picture and just stay there!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling, I mean really struggling with cravings. Do any of you just eat mainly simple carbs, like for example, a big bowl of frosted flakes with whole or 2% milk for dinner, or fried chicken with real mashed potatoes and gravy and a biscuit and a glass of sweet tea? I would rather have a smaller portion of good food like this, than to eat a bunch of stuff that I just don't like. I'm just being as real as I can be here. If the calories in versus calories out thing is what it takes to lose weight, well why not? I'm including a multi-vitamin and exercise too. Also, I realize that I would be eating very little due to the high calorie content, but if I maybe waited til dinner, I could make it work. What you say? Go easy on me now! I'm 5'3 and I am currently 193lbs.

I personally feel like this would be difficult to stick to because I'd be STARVING all day until dinner. If you can truly make it work for the long run, so long as you're getting your calories/nutrients overall, then it would be OK. But I feel like it would be easier to try and break up those carbs over 3 meals/snacks...and just focus on having smaller portions of them.

My breakfast this morning will be cereal..which is pretty carb heavy..but I'll do skim milk with it (I don't really need the extra fat for flavor...the skim milk will get sweetened from the cereal anyway). You might also look at saving calories by having your mashed potatoes but not adding the gravy except for special occasions.

Multi-vitamins are better than nothing...but you're better off getting the stuff from eating real food as much as possible IMO.

TLDR: Only if you can sustain this in the long run. I find that doubtful...
  • GBrady43068
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    If you are still really hungry and craving more food, try switching out some of the simple carbs for complex carbs that are higher in fiber (eat your potatoes with the skin, get some higher fiber cereal like bran flakes, eat whole grain bread, eat fruit and veggies, etc). I find that getting more fiber curbs the hunger.

+1
  • GBrady43068
    Options
    randomsue wrote: »
    Sit down and set some goals. What are your goals besides losing x number of pounds? Do you want to be fit, are you trying to get off of certain meds you're on right now, how are you visualizing your lifestyle in 5-10-15 years? You want to eat this way but are you looking at your long term health, is it sustainable and if it is how are you going to sustain it?

Setting goals that is long term is what will determine the longevity of your weight loss. Yes, you can lose weight on most fad diets out there but can you sustain it for the long term. Set your goals and what you can't live without. Once you have the long term goals in place, implement the changes that would get you there.

+1
  • alanahp93
    alanahp93 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Your diet sounds just like mine! Best thing to do is stick to what you like just less of it, or swap a few things for something new. If you dont like eating diffrent food for a diet then just stick to what you like as your more likely to stick to that diet for long term. Best advice I can give is to lose 100+ calories each day with a nice long walk :)
    Dont be afraid to take things slow!
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I WAS! Around 200 grms daily
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Went low carb (100 -) and lost 3 lbs? Me??? After being stuck for years at the same number? It may be some water weight but I can see/feel it