What was your "rock bottom" moment?

Options
1235»

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    @Endless_Journey - wow. Moving story and good for you for doing so much to improve your health. Be sure to post in the Success folder!! I hope your kidney issues can be treated.
  • bglanden91
    bglanden91 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today, when after 2 weeks ago I tried one of those health assesment things at the drug stores and it told me I weighed over 300 pounds. I thought no way, this thing must be calibrated wrong. I ignored the fact that the 3 new pairs of jeans that were big on me 6 months ago wouldn't even pass my thighs or the fact I was buying 3x shirts, saying the brand ran small. It was today, when I stepped on the scale at my in-laws house, that I realized I had gained over 100 pounds in the past year, after losing 70 pounds in 6 months the year before due to unhealthy choices. I am now at the most I have ever weighed and extremely disgusted. Today starts my new journey to be a better, healthier me.
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Today I hit bottom. I worked out yesterday and today I ate back the calories I burned off. I weigh more than I did when I was pregnant. My waist is so large I look like I am pregnant.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My rock bottom was when I tried to find a dress to wear at my niece's wedding and the wedding aftermath. I work in the medical field so I always wear comfy loose fitting scrubs. You know, the kind with the drawstring waistband that you can just let out a little when they get a tiny bit snug. I knew I had gained weight but didn't realize how much. None of my dresses or "special occasion" clothes fit at all. My mother and her side of the family are large women and I remember telling my skinnier teen self I was never going to get like that. Pictures from the wedding started showing up on social media and I looked just like my mother. Big belly, flabby arms, double chin, the works. I was embarrassed to be tagged in them. I got on the scale and saw 240 Lbs flash across the display. That was the moment I realized I needed to change things in my life.

My worst was a pic for me, too. But that wasn't what motivated the weight loss; the first time it was a change of scene (moving). I guess it was a kind of change of scene the second time, too (breakup). Both were positive moments.