How crazy are some people...

Options
Well work with a young lady who I have become close with.
As I listen and happy to do so it turn strange after a few weeks.
1 st her boyfriend was beating her. So offer help. Long the line of keeping photos of the attacks on my account so she could delete and fill safe he will not find out.
Helped her make a plan to get away from him ect ect. But she never took me up on the offer so left it.. ( all lies as well)
Then one night last week had a phone call I'm homeless. So said I pick her up and she can stay with me an the wife. But that was declined.
Said you could sleep in my car,
Get you a b&b,
But all declined.
So said be here if you need anything and left it.
Next morning spoke and again and offer to meet up and get her warm and some food.
Again offer to take her somewhere to get a roof over her head. All decline.
So did not press to much.
That night found out from a mate that the time she was homeless, she was up the pub having a meal. I know this Bec my mate was babysitting for them, and both return happy and love up.
So I call her asking what the hell was going on..
For her to then turn around and say I'm going to kill myself and then took me 4 hours and trying to contact her mum. Who never return my call.
for her to disappear. so I fear the worse.
Next morning just got a text from her saying hi.
This has mess my head up.
I want to run for the hill and never look back but something holding me back as I want to know what her game is. Is she crying out for help.
Or just very mess up..

Replies

• JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,177 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    she's just trying to get attention. ignore her. delete her number.

This
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I third the others. Move on
  • Nograce80
    Nograce80 Posts: 8,443 Member
    Options
    Coming from an abusive relationship myself it's really shameful to talk about. Therefore all this dialogue and refusal of help makes me suspicious. You did what you could and she said no. You can move on with a clear conscience.
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Nograce80 wrote: »
    Coming from an abusive relationship myself it's really shameful to talk about. Therefore all this dialogue and refusal of help makes me suspicious. You did what you could and she said no. You can move on with a clear conscience.
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    she's just trying to get attention. ignore her. delete her number.

This and this.
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Also, this would be an excellent question for the 'Ask Tracy' thread.
  • Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Wow run!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, nobody but her knows exactly what is going on. Even professionals often struggle to find ways to help certain people. If there is truth to the abusive relationship she is probably lacking in self esteem, confidence, and may even have a mental condition contributing to the problem. If it's complete BS some of the same problems might still exist.

But I'll differ from the others in this thread. If you spend time trying to help someone that really needs help, you have nothing to lose. You have proven yourself a caring person that tried, regardless of the outcome.

If you walk away and she gets beat senseless... well I know I'd sleep better at night having taken the first option. But that's up to you.

And I'm not saying trying means you can "fix" her. But there is a point where the reward of doing the right thing will exist regardless of whether you could really help the situation or not.
  • michaelhornby365
    michaelhornby365 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone have told her I'm going to back off and let her make her own mind up.
    if she need help I will happy to help.
    So left it in her court and left me happy knowing I done my best..
  • michaelhornby365
    michaelhornby365 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    How crazy are some people...

Did you see Trump running for president...and dong well in polls?
    Wait...that is stupid, you asked about crazy.
    My bad.