The Christmas party menu - help estimate calories please xxx

Options
Can anyone estimate the calories in this menu please, know it is going to be a lot but I intend to exercise more that week and don't expect a weight loss , but want to limit the damage as I,ve worked so hard xxx

I would trawl through myself but myfitnesspal seems to be going so slow, it keeps crashing on searches X

Thanks in advance xxx

y4ws7ss7n16d.png

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Hunh? You're planning to eat four canape plates, two starters, two mains, two desserts, coffee, and survivors' breakfast (is that last served immediately after the coffee)? Maybe you could narrow things down for anyone who might be inclined to make a guess? If you're asking which would be the lowest calories in each category, I would go with the potatoes, the salmon/celeriac/crab tian tian (leaving the brioche on the plate), the vegetable wellington, and whichever dessert appealed to me more (but not eating all of it -- stop after a few spoonfuls or bites).

We don't know the amount of food in any of these dishes, so any guess will be pretty much a stab in the dark, since there are restaurants that put enough food for two or three people on every plate, and restaurants that put tiny servings surrounded by artistic swirls of garishly colored purees.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    If you want you can take a picture of each meal as it is served to you, that helps you remember how big a sized portion it is. How many crackers etc. That makes guesstimating more accurate.

It's never going to be exact even on weighed out food.

It is your Christmas meal out, enjoy it and try not to worry about the logging of it.

Personally I'd just log 1800 and forget about it and enjoy my night.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If you want you can take a picture of each meal as it is served to you, that helps you remember how big a sized portion it is. How many crackers etc. That makes guesstimating more accurate.

It's never going to be exact even on weighed out food.

It is your Christmas meal out, enjoy it and try not to worry about the logging of it.

Personally I'd just log 1800 and forget about it and enjoy my night.

1800? lol..

Do you get everything on the menu or just get to pick once?

Still though, typically it's relatively small serving sizes for fancier dinners like that. But yeah, I'd log 2500 calories and try not to go nuts on the canapes.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is a buffet with all of those things available to you in the quantities you choose? You need to give up more info OP.

If it is a buffet, just have little bit of everything and don't waste your stomach on the biscuits.

I am not going to try to work out Christmas, I am just going to let it happen. It becomes a bit more difficult though if you have a work function and more than one family function to contend with. If it is only one big meal, just enjoy it and get back to normal next day.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Lols at the "Survivors Breakfast" - I am really hoping that this is a giant evening party and everyone who passed out under the tables is gently woken up the next day and fed :)
  • tikka29
    tikka29 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, i won't be having canapés , and you only get one starter, main and dessert, probably stressing too much, and some comments made me laugh, I hope it's not me under the table xxx I think I will give myself the day off , then back on it X