Can someone answer my question??

Options
So Should I eat more if I know I am going to the gym and will be burning between 600 - 800 cals?

Yesterday I went and had some cals left over for dinner not knowing I would burn over 800 it left my net cals WAY under (641) And I aim to have 1450 but before the exercise my food total was 1430 so I am a little confused...

I don't want to eat all the cals back but cant eat more after as I finish late and need to go to sleep...

SOOOOOOO Should I eat a bigger lunch on days that I know I will be exercising? Or is a couple super low days okay if I make up for it on the weekend?

Replies

• djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I often eat the calories prior to burning them. So yes, I would eat a bigger lunch/dinner,whatever, on days you are going to exercise.
  • _G4BR13L_
    _G4BR13L_ Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My opinion is eat more after work out. You need the carbs protein etc.. To recover. Building muscle and using it burns fat. If you don't replenish after you are loosing muscle.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Focus on evening out the week.
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    It gets confusing and difficult when you strive for a goal to stay under. I just eat when I am hungry. Working out a lot sometimes suppresses my hunger. But I might be hungry the next day and not exercise, therefore going a little over on my calories.
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I usually have a big lunch if I know I'm gonna have a late workout. However, there are times where ill also do my late workout and then have a big 800 calorie dinner just before bed. I've had good results either way. I also tend to eat more on workout days.