Lifters....help with shoes?

Options
2»

Replies

• chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions...I don't think I've seen those lifters at the local stores. I'll have to ask and try some on.

To add - the without shoes part - the *ick* factor was that the guys were BAREFOOT. I don't mean with socks, I mean BAREFOOT. I'd understand and have seen socks :smiley:

I don't think I ever considered Converse shoes, either. I thought that the shoes should have a little give...but thanks to you all I realized that this is probably one of the biggest culprits right now - mine are super soft and flexible, which probably wasn't a problem when I was lifting lighter weights, but now that I'm getting stronger...problem.

Thanks again everyone :smile:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I squat in my socks

My running shoes used to off balance he

Now I find my feet are printed so I'm back in gym shoes but ones with a flatter sole
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Vans, Chuck Taylors, Converse - pretty much all flat shoes are recommended highly for squats other than getting specific squatting shoes.

I personally wear Vibrams FiveFingers (purely because of how they feel, not because I think barefootedness is magic) all the time and they're about as flat as you can get.

Also have a pair of Vibrams for the same reason. I do the squats and deadlifts in New Balance Minimus running shoes. No heal lift and a very good sole to prevent slipping;

oileetpmjcw4.jpg
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Chucks!!!!! I did my big lifts barefoot before, and that was fine too. But I prefer to have shoes on lol. I only recently gave Chucks a try and I can now die happy lol.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Chucks for me. Perfect because I can wear them around all day and then straight to the gym. Can't remember the last time I put real sneakers on.
  • utahmomof10
    utahmomof10 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    For squats (back, front, overhead) and Oly lifts (and even OHP) I have a pair of Pendlay Do-Wins that I really like. I wear a pair of Tevas that are just like Chucks/Converse for dead lifting and everything else. My hubby wears Nike Romaleos.