do you plan your day ahead or just wing it?

Options

Replies

• Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I pre log mon-thu usually I make my lunch the night before and I will plan breakfast and tea at the same time for the next day, fri i will prelog breakfast and a snack(i only work until 1pm on fri) and the rest of fri and the weekend I log as I'm eating. I should really pre log every day as I'm more likely to stay around my calorie goal when I do.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I mostly pre-log. I pretty much always know what I am going to have for dinner, because it's based on the best before dates of the various meats I have in the fridge. This makes the biggest meal planned, then the rest just kind of falls into place around that as a mixture of winging it and trying not to waste food :)
  • insearchofcheese
    insearchofcheese Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I pre log my weekdays because I don't have a lot of options at work if I don't bring something in. I'm also not particularly good at winging it. I don't typically pre log weekends though.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Go with the flow
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Go with the flow
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Pre-log breakfast and lunch (which I prep for the week), snacks are usually a granny smith apple and banana (I'm a creature of habit), and then will cook dinner based on what cals I have left for the day. Anomalies happen, but I am usually pretty good about sticking to this.
  • roxyish71
    roxyish71 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wing it. I do typically meal prep lunch for the week though. So I know at least what 1 meal will be
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I pre-log and adjust as needed.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I wing it. Tried pre-planning, but when dinner rolled around, I didn't want what was planned. Plus, I cannot know how many grams of strawberries or bread or whatever I might eat, so would end up changing all the grams around. It's just easier for me to log as I go.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I pre-log but mainly with the knowledge that I can shift things around if need be. Mainly my dinner is the only thing (since i cook for myself and boyfriend) that is a SURE thing.

So, if someone brings pizza for lunch, or i have an opportunity to eat something else for breakfast it's easy to swap things out. Or, if i see a cookie i can swap it out for my snack.

Either way i log everything beforehand so i have a plan.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    No pre-logging. But I eat basically the same things all the time.
  • mjffey
    mjffey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I plan a week ahead food and exercise to make sure i get to my cals.Do my shopping and that's it ☺
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Pre-log and stick to it except once in a great while I might have something else.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    Go with the flow

yeah. nice pic
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I kinda-sorta wing it.
    Breakfast is easy-peasy, since I automatically know (now) what I can eat that adds up to 300-400cal.
    Lunch and supper......I decide between what I feel like eating and what I have on hand....balance it with what hubby and the kidlet will eat, and I just tailor my portion sizes to fit my calorie goals.
  • stac928
    stac928 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I wing it typically, but if I know I have something special (meal out with friends, celebrations, whatever) I'll pre-log those meals to account for extra calories beyond what I would normally eat so I can arrange the rest of my day's calories accordingly.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Wing it. It works out to where it is supposed to be on most days.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I plan it before I eat for SURE and about 80% of the time I've pre-logged and planned the whole day. Today I just have lunch planned so far because its a friday and I probably dont want to cook :-P
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I always eat the same few things for breakfast each day (oatmeal, yogurt and granola, or a smoothie..) so I know how many calories I'm getting there, and then for lunch/dinner I'll just eat what I feel like. I don't like pre-planning too much because when the time comes, I'll often crave something else. I'll pre-log right before I eat the meal though so I know how big my portion size should be and where I'll be at after. I like to save most of my calories for dinner.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't log, but I brown bag my breakfast, lunch, and snacks and I usually have a rough idea of what I'm going to do for dinner as we shop on the weekend for the entire week.