what do you think of this plan?

Options
scarlet56393
scarlet56393 Posts: 31 Member
Instead of eating the *500+ calories* throughout the day to gain weight and feel constantly stuffed, what do you think of eating normally throughout the day, and eating the extra 500 in a shake right before bed so i don't feel so full all the time. Good or bad idea?

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    It's fine, assuming it doesn't cause you any sleep issues.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Your body doesn't have a clock. Meal timing doesn't matter for us non-athletes.

Some people subscribe to intermittent fasting school of weight loss, where they restrict calories all day, and have 1-2 giant meals worth their daily calories allowance. I personally cannot do that, but I know some friends who are not hungry throughout the day and have huge dinners.

So in short, yes you can chug 500 calories before bed if you are able. You can make a shake, or have 4xtablespoons of olive oil for 480calories - easiest way to gain weight :smile:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    if it works for you go for it....I have four meals a day and meal four is usually oreos or ice cream or something..
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Health-wise a bad idea. No eating within 3 hour window before bed, because it interferes with your bodies repair process that normally occurs while you sleep. This can't happen if your body is busy digesting food. Instead of an extra 500 cals/day, try 300. Much better.
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options

So in short, yes you can chug 500 calories before bed if you are able. You can make a shake, or have 4xtablespoons of olive oil for 480calories - easiest way to gain weight :smile:

Add olive oil to your meats. Account for it. It'll add up! - But yes, a shake did it for me during the beginning of my first bulk when I was learning how to eat more.